1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

AR-15 Pistols

CDR_Glock Nov 6, 2016

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm going to pick up an AR-15 pistol tomorrow. I shot a friend's, and now, I must have one. Recoil is not bad and it is legal to have loaded in a car in Virginia.

What is the legality in your particular state?
    Do you have any recommendations on what to accessorize it with apart from sights?

2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

How about a tax stamp and a stock.

3. impus

impus Huge member

Yes .. you can carry your ar pistol loaded in a vehicle in va.. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A CCW IN VA........

CDR_Glock likes this.
  4. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

A quality muzzle brake. I had a chance to shoot a Axelson FA AR subgun with blade stock and one of their muzzle brakes - so sweet!

5. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I kinda like the looks ar pistols, but I would rather have a stock on my weapon, just a personal preference though.

6. GregB

GregB Average member

Same...

NC law is silly. I can have my AR pistol in the front seat of my car with my CCW, but not a rifle. So I own an AR Pistol until the silly law changes. Then it's SBR time:manganr:

GregB

7. CDR_Glock

Here is my AR-15 pistol with a Blade. IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

8. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nice! Range report expected!

9. CDR_Glock

Well, I sighted it in at 50 yards. The Primary Arms Microdot is made by the same people who do Holosun. I read a lot of positive reviews so I decided to take a chance with it, over another Aimpoint (of which is on my S&W PC 629 44 Magnum Hunter and Noveske AR-15 Carbine).

Recoil was very manageable, even from a smaller platform. No issues with reliability. It fed ammunition like a champ. Once I sighted it, being a pistol with a blade, I placed my cheek on the blade stock or whatever the term is, and it rocked my 50 and 75 yards plates like a champ. The trigger felt very good without stacking. The nicest thing was that most of the brass was in a nice neat pile to my back right.

Being a pistol, this is going to be a great gun when I travel where there is reciprocity with my CCW.

The rifle mounted Battle Blade gave me no issues, whatsoever. The light I mounted was in a very ergonomic position for operation. I used the single 20 round magazine and the 30 round Magpuls without issues, either.

I believe the Lower was by Anderson which to me was more than good enough. Very happy with this PISTOL.

As I left, I met up with a fellow member who had an AR15 pistol in 9 mm and two SBRs. I don't even know why I would go with an SBR with PISTOLS like these.:manganr:

10. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

11. CDR_Glock

I'm aware. I don't bring it up to my shoulder. I don't need to with a red dot.:bwah: