1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Apprenticeship in ny

Mike41888 Apr 23, 2020

1. Mike41888

Mike41888 Little Member

Hey devils, if anyone on here has any idea of any knife makers who offer apprenticeships please leave me a comment! Thanks

begreen61 likes this.
  2. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Where in NY??? NY is huge....:faint::manganr:

3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I know of a great knife maker in futon country near St.Johnville haven't visited him in say 5 years,,but he does the gig in the old Fort out side east of St.Johnville on route 5 ,,he's the Blacksmith does everything as they did 300 years ago in the summer when the fort is open ,,super friendly he love to teach ,,God I don't remember his name .but also has a shop very basic ,,knows his shit thou,had him make me a hunting knife ,,took friends to him he made their knives on the spot at the Fort ,,my one buddy had him make a killer bird knife ,, ,,,you could go to some of the gun show theres always a knife smith at one ,,never hurts to ask one to teach ya too.Depending where you live that would be your best bet ,,Like Rio said NY is a big ass state ,,I'm between Saratoga and Albany ,,where the the hell do you live in this shitty ass state but beautiful i call home .

g

Mike41888 likes this.
  4. Mike41888

Mike41888 Little Member

Sorry. I’m in ulster county hamlet of the wallkill

5. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

how far are you from Buchanan NY, closed to Indian point nuclear plant?

begreen61 likes this.
  6. Mike41888

Mike41888 Little Member

I’m like an hour not too bad at all. What’s up?

7. Mike41888

Mike41888 Little Member

I’m about an hour away. Are you looking for help?? If so I would love to do whatever you need. Thank you

begreen61 likes this.
  8. Mike41888

Mike41888 Little Member

He
    Hey man, I’m in ulster county, so not too far from you, about an hour give or take. Would love to find someone in orange dutchess or ulster. But thanks for the help!