1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyway to increase resolution on a photo??

McGyver May 18, 2011

1. McGyver

McGyver Persistent Bastard

Long story short, I have some photos that I want to get poster prints of. The online printshops say there is not enough resolution for a quality print. I don't do this often enough to make it worth buying a program, and from what I have read it can be an arduous process without one. I don't have days to spend doing trial and error. Anybody here have a suggestion.

2. Jumpmaster

Jumpmaster Huge member Lady Devil

The short answer is "no"...you cannot increase resolution. Basically, if the original picture doesn't have enough information (pixels), you cannot add more pixels after the fact.

You may be able to get a program that can fake this by interpolation (fractals), but even that can only do so much.

3. Amotek

Amotek Eerie Ver Sable Brigade Member

You can make 'em smaller but you can't make 'em bigger!

4. McGyver

McGyver Persistent Bastard

That's kinda what I was reading. Guess I'm stuck with 16 x 20 instead of 20 x 30s for this deal. Oh well, can't blame me for trying.

5. TKD

TKD purveyor of poon

Come on now, no need to be coy, you know you want them boobs and arses bigger, perv. Use photoshop and increase the resolution then fill in the gaps. You pervs disappointment me. Take some time to learn Photoshop, it's not hard. Learn your file types as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
  6. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

Depending on how sharp the original picture is the resoloution required for 16x20 should be OK for 20x30, you have to remember that poster sized prints are not supposed to be viewed at arms length but from something like ten feet away, so a lower resoloution will still seem sharp.

7. TKD

TKD purveyor of poon

That's a good point these "posters" should still look sharp at a distance, perv.

8. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

This link may help.

LINK

Try Bicubic & Bilinear for increasing the size.

PSP even has that ability. :ross: