1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone win the new Palethius?

GuItArMaN8373 Jul 13, 2018

1. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

In other news...

20180725_160704.jpg

begreen61 and G-man like this.
  2. Organ Grinder

Organ Grinder Little Member

Them blades, though. I hope he doesn’t change them much.

begreen61 likes this.
  3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I love the blade more so ,than the handles but agree I would change a thing ..

4. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Sure you could call it that if you want.

5. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Spentcase on Instagram is one that I believe has won and sold Pales work - not sure if it was the same knife he won or a different one purchased on the secondary - either way its his perogative but it does happen. Like a lot of highend knives I am sure they change hands plenty behind closed doors.

Nothing really you can do about the closed door dealing or lining up straw buyers to increase odds of winning.

Long ago I told Andy T when he was new and trying to lineup a Tempest from Jerry Hom that if you want a knife bad enough you just gotta hustle. Nothing has changed.

6. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

As a non-flipper, how is this as a flipping, using type of bali (assuming anyone flips or carries these)? Pretty slick looking for sure.

7. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Handle looks to busy for me, but the skill and patience is definitely there.

8. laughingbuddha

It's a proto on a new design he's doing. Those 3 are the only 3 that currently exist and are all owned by Pale.

I doubt he'd make a Bali that wasn't orientated as a decent flipper.. because that has been his modus operandi.

As far as cutting goes, I guess if its sharp it'll cut stuff too?

9. laughingbuddha

So what you are saying.. is that nobody has won and sold multiple Pale knives?

10. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Nice!! I wonder how much they'll sell for at auction? :decoder:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  11. subtlemovement

subtlemovement JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

nilnic owns at least 3 now, and maybe she just has better luck than anyone, but it doesn't change the fact that it's sad to watch someone "win" that many times in a row, when Pale himself says this system is the "fairest" way he knows how to sell. I also thought Ryanol's initial point was about getting them and hoarding them, rather than winning them and reselling them. Nothing wrong with winning them fair and square and then hoarding them, but it's also not against the law to be salty about losing in these arguably unfair drawings.

12. tonk

tonk JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Digging the spine depression, I wonder if the spine depression was cut below the pivot would it help balance a chaplin?

13. laughingbuddha

More than I'd be willing to spend :bwah:
    Ryanol replied to my question not the other way around.

I keep reading comments about the sale of Pales knives as being "unfair".. yet nobody has offered one example of the same person winning them all the time from a drop.

The people who win his knives will be listed on his IG feed if anyone cares enough to check.

People who have multiple Pale knives probably have them from paying $$$ on the secondary market, trading, auction or getting lucky on one of the drops.

Although Pale does sell some of his knives direct. Im fairly confident it's not to the same people each time.

desmodus, seandavid55 and skyblue like this.
  14. BennytheBlade

What is the evidence that they are 'arguably unfair'? Same person winning? Who? Anything else? Ive got no dog in this fight but if i was sure there were shenanigans, i would prove it or buy something else.

'Merica!

seandavid55 likes this.
  15. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Unfair. Last time I think I heard that it was a couple of kindergarten kids.

I spent what I would say is a significant amount of time "practicing". Even asked a friend for a couple tips. They were very helpful. I'm no computer ninja and I'm a very low lvl IG user. Probably the first time in a year that I touched my laptop.

So yes, I was pretty stoked to get in. Didn't believe i made it through the lottery until i got the PM.

I can't figure out what's "unfair" about it.

Balibuyer and BennytheBlade like this.
  16. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Nilnic is moi and if you want the full details, it stem back when his first bc midtech drop was on brs website. I traded my kukri that I got from that to tmack for his pf, then pf traded to knifeflipper for a different pf profile, then traded it to joe for a 1 of 2 solid handle rotten ex10....and guess it, traded it back to kukri xD cuz at the end of the day, I love varieties and trying different knives, settling into ones that I love and then find multiples of it if I can. Why I usually have sets of certain balis.

And yes, also paid a lot to get that other bc recurve from spentcase that he won from the auction. While also got lucky with the random generator for the other drops.

I participated in the drops just like everybody else. Sat there and stare at the computer and hitting f5 every half a second. Everybody saw when pale post video recordings when the rn-gesus (random-number-generator-jesus) pick the winners. Soooo.....

17. subtlemovement

subtlemovement JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

There was a little backlash on the most recent drop because Instagram was not showing comments in chronological order on this drop post, which was why the auction post a week or so later had people sub-comment on *his(Pale's)* comment, where Instagram keeps chronology accurate.

No salt towards nilnic; I admire your collection, your doggos, and your puzzle-piece foam mats. Inspired me to get a set of 12 for my indoor gym actually :) And you've mentioned that your collection is expensive. But kudos to your luck on the drops :D

18. BennytheBlade

I dont really understand that, but thats on me and my lack of IG use.

19. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

On my computer it showed the comments in order. On my phone, it's all mixed up. Very odd. Not sure why it wouldn't always be in order.

HedaCoon likes this.
  20. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

And the CAT! Jk thank you.

When you view ig posts on computer, they are still show in chronological order. As for viewing through phone, I had 2 markers confirmed that as op, they can sort the view based on time.

I haven't been able to find that sort function on my posts so it could be only available with business accounts or over a certain threshold.
    I believe ig on phone now default to popularity just like fb. Whichever comment gets the most like or interaction shows up first?

Either way, I would recommend to start participating in these type of drops on the computer. You'll know right away if you made the first whatever number

subtlemovement and seandavid55 like this.