1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone tried this maker's knives yet?

Clydetz Apr 15, 2017

1. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Blade Material: D2 Tool Steel
    Lock Type: Liner Lock
    Handle Material: Gorgeous Ram Horn
    Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
    Cutlery Salvation

Example:

cutlerysalvation.jpg

How is the quality of their knives?

crogers and Lapedog like this.
  2. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

I looked them up, only for sale on ebay, no reviews at all, Tim noble who was
    one of the owners of that british forum that stole the bylaws of the JD was a major pain in the ass in the forums and he was the one that started this paki blades sales looking liked makers models he desings models and gets them done there and tries to sale them as legit companies, the pakis got the hang of it and do it as well. The D2 material on the blade is not probably real.

crogers, Lapedog, seandavid55 and 2 others like this.
  3. Lapedog

Lapedog Little member

Well that is always disapointing.

crogers and Kelper like this.
  4. Clydetz

I was afraid of that. No way I could check if the knives are made of D2 or whatever. While they look descent enough, just can't be sure of the quality. I made a Best Offer on one but they just wanted too much for an unknown.

crogers and Kelper like this.
  5. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

That crude looking makers stamp is what scares me.

Kelper and crogers like this.
  6. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Gary , It's still a pretty knife, and if you like it , what the hell , it might not be a quality piece , or investment but as a collector of knives she sure is pretty.

Nothing but Respect my friend
    Gary

crogers, Kelper and seandavid55 like this.
  7. Clydetz

Hey Gar... you echo my sentiments exactly but I sure would like to deal with a truthful maker/dealer/etc.. I do like a ram horn handle & I'll probably buy one like that example down the road but I'll hold off for now.

crogers, Kelper and begreen61 like this.
  8. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

I hope you know Gary I did not post that to discourage you from buying it, we know each other for a long time and I would never tell another person what to do but I respect you and consider you a dear fellow knifenut not to be honest to give a heads up.

begreen61, crogers and Kelper like this.
  9. Clydetz

Have no fear, Rio... I always appreciate your input. I did put a 'best offer' on that knife but the seller came back with a 'counter offer' which I felt was too high & I passed on the deal.

crogers, begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  10. Clydetz

Tried again for one of their knives. This time my 'Best Offer' was accepted. Should receive it next week.

[​IMG]

11. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Very nice. I'm curious to see what you think about it.

Clydetz, Lapedog and Kelper like this.
  12. begreen61

You got my interest Gary like to know is the etching is real or stamped and how is the horn handles ,keep us up to date.

13. Clydetz

The seller refers to the bolster as "D2 Tool Steel Engraved Bolster". I'm not sure I could tell the difference between an engraved, etched or stamped bolster to be honest with you! :idunno: The eyesight & feeling in the fingers ain't what they used to be.

Lapedog and begreen61 like this.
  14. begreen61

Tell me about it my eyes are screwing with me too, getting harder to see a level a ruler and in my bussiness ,it's not a good thing gary. Enjoy this day and the time with your love Mo,

Gary

15. Clydetz

Got word that it's out for delivery today! YAY!!!

16. Clydetz

Just got it out of the box. Did a quick look/see & I can say I'm impressed with it. Thick beefy ram horn handle, sharp blade with a nice, tight lock up... no blade wobble. Fit & finish look great! I'm busy with other things right now but I'll post photos & more comments in a few days.

17. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

18. Clydetz

Forgot to follow up with photos of this knife & my feelings. OAL: 7 1/2"; closed length: 4 1/4".
    I found the knife to be pretty impressive. It's very heavy (heavier than a Buck 110), solid, and the ram horn handle slabs are very thick & feel good in the hand, very 'meaty'. When closed, the blade is dead center; blade has no wobble in the open position; lockup is solid. File worked throughout. I wasn't sure if the bolsters were engraved, etched or stamped but I had an appointment with my dentist who is interested in knives too. He took a look at the bolsters with his head light & magnifier. His opinion was that it is definitely engraved. I found the overall workmanship to be of a good quality.

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_6035.JPG

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  19. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yeah the closeup looks like engraving. So you gonna use it or is it a shelf queen. For the record, I have bought a few questionable eBay knives in my day and overall for the money, I was satisfied with what I got.

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  20. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

It's sure a looker. If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost ya?