1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone sell on fleabay recently?

nostimos Mar 23, 2021

1. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Just wanted some input from the wise Devils.

I'm aware fleabay changed their whole payment protocol for sellers,
    since they're are not using PP anymore.

I recently sold a couple of knives there,
    (dont worry nothing special, probably wouldn't sell here) :bwah:
    and now they hold it on their site and then send it to your approved checking account directly.
    It then has to clear there, obviously.
    Before, payments i received went to paypal and if showed, were available immediately to me.
    So THEN I would ship the sold item.

NOW, fleabay is saying "OK you got paid, ship the item no later than this day",
    BUT I didn't get paid yet. First its only listed as paid on their site, and they held it all weekend,
    then failed to transfer first business day on Monday.
    I got an email today that funds have been transferred, but NOTHING on my online bank account.
    And I did update the info as fleabay requested months ago.

This makes sellers look bad like we're lagging. PP was so much faster.

Does fleabay expect us to trust them and ship with no real proof of funds?

I notified a buyer of this, and that it may take a few more days.
    He said he called fleabay and they said that's not a new policy
    and may take 30 days for funds to clear!?!?!?!?!
    He said he'd rather have the money refunded and cancel the purchase than wait that long.
    I think he was misinformed by fleabay CS, since that sounds ridiculous.

If this is how things are changing, I'll just use PP and knife forums.

Any input? am i missing something?

apdallaround likes this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I don't sell there, but I just made a purchase there. They accepted PayPal from me...

3. nostimos

Yeah, it doesn't effect buyers. You can still use PP to purchase. Be it as a go between to use a credit card listed with them, or your PP balance I believe. OR now you can use a credit/debit card or checking account direct on ebay.

The issue seems to be how sellers used their connected PP account as a deposit / bank account.
    Once funds were there, it was as good as your own bank account. Funds fully available and use them as you wish.
    NOW, they're held on the bay first, THEN sent to your own personal checking account directly.
    Most of us prefer to have funds available before shipping.
    This can add extra days, and as i said, conflict with fleabay's ship date recommendation.
    Many buyers use this as a gauge on if item was shipped fast or not.
    Hence, why I notified the buyer of the hiccup.

Just more fleabay business model incompetence and greed, i guess.
    They cut out PP yet still take the 3.5% for themselves. And they don't do it as fast or convenient ! :bwah:
    And on top of that fleabay now has the sweet job of tax collector, and mandatory collects taxes on all sales regardless of state item is bought from.
    ($1,500 and above on precious metals exempt. :jdwink2:)
    You think fleabays not getting some type of kickback for this new responsibility?!
    I believe i read somewhere it was part of a resolve on a tax issue with them in California.
    Maybe why the fleabay corp. even stayed in this corrupt state. :ropeman::jdwink2:

Anyway, if this keeps up, maybe I'll just sell even my crappy knives on here. :bwah:

apdallaround likes this.
  4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Well good luck.

I suppose you could always sell them on IG... :cheesydevil:

nostimos likes this.
  5. nostimos

HAHA! But . . . . NEVER!

I cant stand these other social media platforms.
    Never opened a facebook, twitter, reddit account.
    DAMN, I sound old, and i'm "only" 49! :bwah:
    I considered an IG a while back just for posting pics of trips/experiences and various collections.
    Mostly for my own reference, but backed up online.
    But I'm aware what they've all become, esp. IG.
    That's where all the new hot shit knife makers eventually go to price gouge impulsive newb collectors! :bwah:

crogers likes this.
  6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I tried to sell on ebay once, total disaster, only negative feedback I have evAr received. Too many other options to bother w. that bullshit.

7. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

I sold a shit load of things there until they started charging taxes and got rid of PP i took my shit out of there, is fkkk bullshit so fuck them.

nostimos likes this.
  8. nostimos

UPDATE:
    my funds showed up on my online bank account yesterday,
    but showed "processing" all day.
    i wasnt going to ship till it said cleared.
    Well, early this morning i checked again and it cleared, so I shipped out the two knife listings.
    So it only took one day to clear with my bank, from when fleabay decides to transfer it to your bank,
    but they take their time and seem to hold it a few days on their site, especially over the weekend like my situation.
    Fine, i understand the "business days" idea, but they didn't even transfer it on the first available one, Monday.
    it was transferred mid day Tuesday, processed all day Wednesday, and didn't clear till Thursday morning.
    I know this doesn't sound that bad, but they haven't changed their recommended shipping date algorithm.
    So today when I entered the tracking numbers, it showed package is "past due" to ship.
    I wonder if the buyer sees this. I had to notify the buyer again to tell them the payment finally cleared and ignore the "late" shipping date.
    Buyers may be more understanding now especially with the COVID thing effecting shipping time,
    but how long will this glitch last? or will they ever fix it / speed up the transfer time.

Anyway, not doing this to be whiney, even though it sounds like it :bwah:
    Just giving a heads up this is how its done now on fleabay. It may take a few days more and warn your buyers.
    I know many of us use it to sell stuff since "lesser" caliber knives dont really sell well or quickly hear.
    other than . . . . . BALISONGS. :bwah:

apdallaround and Rio like this.
  9. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Fkkk whinerrrr.....:cry::cry::wes::wes::lafflol::lolol:

nostimos likes this.
  10. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

yeah wtf

fucking ebay

although i have been whoring ebay japan for super rare kinnikuman kinkeshi

and if someone buys but doesn’t pay you can’t leave neg feedback. wtf? you have to cancel and relist your item but NEVER gives the option to leave bad feedback on deadbeat bidders. mother fuckers

snache and nostimos like this.
  11. snache

snache Huge Member

They are so fucked up any more! I gave a discount for shipping (He had alreay paid so I refunded the difference to him)since my customer bought two things and after finally getting a supervisor on the phone they said they were not going to refund me the extra Ebay charged me for shipping. No reason given, just flat out said no refund. It wasn't much but still......So stupid on their part, I know only use PayPal when absolutely necessary, they have lost(so far and counting)10 times the amount they owe me.

12. HotrodKelley

HotrodKelley Brigade Member Brigade Member

Fuck eBay
    I was so sick of their fucking bullshit. When I closed my account, they did something similar. The buyer had to leave you feedback before they would release the funds- iirc.
    You had to ship before getting money and hope the buyer wasn’t going to lie or not leave feedback.
    To me, it wasn’t worth the stress

snache likes this.