1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone preorder the new Arc Angel

zephyr05 Jul 17, 2017

1. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

" . . . . . cause Bali-Song drama don't stop!"
    :hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime:

That's my favorite rap song.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    J32A2 and Mr.LaBella like this.
  2. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Im not sure how a cautionary post about dealing with DDR is drama.

I do however find Darrels posts on the subject of this build on both instagram and facebook to be on the dramatic side.

Jsolo, seandavid55 and zephyr05 like this.
  3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Just how you said it!

Looseyfur likes this.
  4. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Crowdfunding is all the rage these days.

Mike Bond doesnt need the money, Anso doesnt need the money yet they all go out and create kickstarters for gadgets and people step up to pay. I suspect it is more for the order management but the prepayment is a nice little bonus.

This goat rodeo however has none of that, frankly as shady as kickstarter is - it would add an air of legitimacy to this project.

Good luck to all that gave him money - you're about to learn a lesson.

It can only go 1 of 2 ways.

buddy, thegoodedge and desmodus like this.
  5. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Palethius has a Cold Steel AA up for grabs on IG. If your looking....

stdlrf11 likes this.
  6. J32A2

J32A2 Huge member JDBA Official Member

Better get your orders in. IG post says slots are filling up!

7. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...I`ll wait to buy them in the secondary market for $150 :parker:

8. Chrisommer

Chrisommer Little member JDBA Official Member

looks like he posted some 3d renderings as well as a 3d print mock up.... Coming along faster than expected he says....

I just cannot get on board with this. Not only due to his reputation but also due to how they are going about this. Just screams fishy...

desmodus likes this.
  9. Eli Cook

Eli Cook Tiny Member

Ive rolled the dice on this one, can anyone catch me up on the past I'm very new to the animosity towards ddr. In the normal knife circles he's decently respected from what I've seen.

10. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

I can honestly say aside form very small subsections where some DDR fans can become the majority, I don't even know how that is possible.

The only good thing I have heard about him is how long he has been making knives.

His Customer Service has been shit-tier for years, the quality of his knives have been shitty for years.

He has been lying to customers for years.

Really, dude is one of the many shit-stains on the underwear of the knife community as a whole.

Snody, Balzano, and Will Moon even have their own followings, and if you follow their pages and such, but all of them have actually straight up robbed people.

Just sayin, just cause someone has some fans, doesn't make them a sack of shit.

All of the recent drama has revolved around using pictures of other people's products (Cold Steel Arc Angel, which while designed by him base don an old custom of his is his entire marketing point, used a picture of Hom's Tempest to promote him using bushings. made funnier because it is a running joke in the bali community about that time he lied about putting bushings into balis and charged for bushings but only stacked some washers into the handles), because of the invasive marketing tactics to try to push a false sense of popularity of his products, and taking payments on a knife that did not have even so much as a render with nothing more than a promise your knife should be done in one to two years. icing on the cake is blocking every single person who has even the slightest criticism (which is mostly to protect him image that everyone loves him and his work). Meanwhile this project is only happening because of over-inflasted prices on the CS Arc Angel on the secondary market.

Essentially, Shitbag 101.

Thanos74, Caffiend, desmodus and 3 others like this.
  11. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

:fixed:

Silent Jay, Ben. and desmodus like this.
  12. Mickeymouse

Mickeymouse Little Member

Nothing beats the OG AA

Attached Files:

13. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I paid $30 for a AAM raffle spot in the DDR FB page and won. So I'm getting one; I'm hopeful that it will be good.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    begreen61 likes this.
  14. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

:devilzeek:devilzeek The DDR balisongs in my collection have been the only NIB knives that plummeted in value.

Caveat Emptor

thegoodedge, begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  15. Goldfinger

Goldfinger Tiny Member

I got excited til I read the drama behind it. I'll pass on this one.

desmodus likes this.
  16. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Still no word on this thing huh?

17. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Where you been? They long since sold out.

18. GuItArMaN8373

Still available to "preorder" what you talking about.

19. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

They posted some shots of the blades and a video of a proto on IG and facebook. Supposedly the one in the video was one of many protos, because a few things were different from the original cad pics. They plan to have some ready by Blade and to start shipping them in June.

skyblue likes this.
  20. GuItArMaN8373

Hmm still seemed sketchy like some said. I'll wait and see what happens not sure if I wanna preorder.