1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone preorder the new Arc Angel

zephyr05 Jul 17, 2017

1. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

No needed. Talk about being hostile. And no, I'm not planning to resale the AA. As i have couple of them currently and putting more money to get them modded for personal preference because I absolutely love them rather than keeping them stock for the resale value. As any of the AA right now is being sale at 700-1000. Steve saw how many of them went for 800 and 900 in 1 day on fb. I had hope for the aa-michael based on the gemini, and it is significantly cheaper to gamble 100something bucks that is paypal protected up until 2018, rather than paying 1k for one.

2. zephyr05

zephyr05 Little member Brigade Member

3. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

I guess they're sort of similar...??

DDR Bushing.jpg HOM Bushing.jpg

4. Pinoy Knife

Pinoy Knife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

well i hope this time he uses bushings that go all the way through the blade :2tonheavy: fixing those "Bushing" driven Raven knifes for people was a PITA
    yea ie appears funny that there is a high pressure push to get people to say yes instead of believing enough in you design &market place to just build them ,then sell them. i don't know i'm going back to work now gotta do my "Knifemaker Shift"

Thanos74, Jsolo, nostimos and 7 others like this.
  5. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

:bangdesk::bangdesk:

XtraMedium and nostimos like this.
  6. Herbinator74

Herbinator74 Little member

:mugshot: He can delete the IG post but he can't delete the JD!!

:rawks:

:popcorn:

7. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

WHAT!!!
    I need to recalculate the value of my balisong collection. . . .
    I'd also like to take this moment to thank Taoist for selling a great AA with box for only 300 a few years back !

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    XtraMedium, begreen61 and oregonian like this.
  8. oregonian

oregonian Huge member

I was bidding on the DDR mid tech that he made that lead to the Cold Steel AA. I stopped bidding and $600 and I wanted that knife. Know I can get if without any sticky finger mark ups.
    I like to hold on to my knifes and this is one i have wanted for a while. best of luck all !

nostimos likes this.
  9. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

All the shit behind him aside, the way he's selling this thing is what really scared me off.

He sounds like a fucking infomercial. But not a good one like slap chop. More shake-weighty. :general:

10. Ben.

Ben. Not FBI JDBA Official Member

An infomercial featuring a 12 year old boy based on his inability to write at an elementary level.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    nostimos likes this.
  11. JAKMAN32

JAKMAN32 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So flex seal? It comes in a spray, caulk,and paint can. :thumbsup:

12. Echo_6R

Echo_6R Tiny Member

As a very seasoned flipper on a budget, an AA is most definately a need eventually, but i would much rather throw $700 second hand than to buy one for $500 from DDR. After hearing all about his rep and work, i would not risk my money with him nor wait so long for something that has a potential to be hit or miss.

XtraMedium and nostimos like this.
  13. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

KaOsBlAkBlAdE Huge member JDBA Official Member

Step away for four years,......and yuup,..Ddr is still a huge slimy douche. I ran across the cold steel pics in an unrelated search, and got totally stoked thinking the AA was getting resurrected. Then I came here to see this shit show..........ima go kick a dog now

XtraMedium, nostimos and thegoodedge like this.
  14. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:fixed:

I wonder if the blade will stick out of the handle... I know it's supposed to be channel but i believe he can find a way.

15. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

He's already working on that. If you read his FB page, his big design question is: What does everyone think about lengthening the blade from 4.3563 to 4.5
    Well, that makes it clear that he hasn't even made a proto yet. And had no fucking clue what the dimensions should be.

Isn't that pretty much like saying: I'm bringing back the AA, but it's going to be different--eg: exactly the same, but different. And I don't know WTF I'm doing, so can you guys that are paying for WTF ever I'm going to make please tell me what I should be doing...

Ben., nostimos and Linos like this.
  16. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Some people truly have a passion for making knives.

Darrel isn't one of those people.

Mystik, Ben., nostimos and 3 others like this.
  17. straighttokin

straighttokin JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No photos, no concept, nothing. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole!:asshole:

nostimos and stdlrf11 like this.
  18. san-mai-usa

san-mai-usa JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

IMG_3553.JPG No. :-)

nostimos likes this.
  19. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Yeah, the knife hasn't even begun to be built and it's already a shit storm. No thanks. The way he's pushing for these deposits it's like he's about to lose his house or something, seems very desperate and borderline begging for those deposits, not normal behavior... It doesn't seem very solid and there is something off-putting about the approach, ehhhhh, nahhh.....

nostimos and desmodus like this.
  20. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Ain't NO drama like Bali drama!

Ben., zephyr05, blevinsknives and 2 others like this.