1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know about Plasma TV calibration?

sandwich Oct 4, 2011

1. sandwich

sandwich Brigade Member Brigade Member

Just got a new plasma, wondering how to go about calibrating it so it can perform to full potential? Should I buy a DVD? I don't own a blu-ray player yet, so would I be wasting my time by not calibrating in full 1080p?

questions need answers! :ross::bwah:

thanks in advance guys

2. 321sold.biz

321sold.biz Better than gold or platinum

Depends on the source.

If you have HD Sat or Cable then you will always have great quality. The Blu Ray is not the only 1080 HI Def stuff out there. IMHO I would buy a PS3 with the built in Blue Ray, it might cost a little more but it's totally worth it. Just the better Tv will be an improvement. But were does it stop, if your going Blu Ray & hi def, you have to have digital Surround sound as well to be, at full capability for the Tv. Almost all the flat screens I see, have crap for speakers.

Just my :twocents:
    So thanks for rubbing that in you got a new TV =)
    Enjoy!