1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone into hotrods... no homo

Jeremy Horton Feb 21, 2016

1. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton Knifemaker & Tooligan Knife Maker or Craftsman

2. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

3. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

If I had the time and money I would love to build a VW buggy into a cool hot rod. image.jpg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
  4. jjhamilton

A friend of mine did that very thing, regardless of doubts others may have had, by the end of a 1/4 mile believers were made. Sounded angry, always angry!

5. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Back in 2006 I rebuild a 2000 subaru impreza rs , I went to junk yards and found out how hard is to find parts for them, It was about six k after parts and changing the tires, gear box and many many repairs, hundreds of hours of body work, I loved that car it really drove great on the snow, is a labour of love.

6. jjhamilton

Labor of love, yes sir...that's about as much as one can say. I've got many late hours laboring with love between a Nova and few mustangs...and even friends "whatever's" I love them all...never been brand specific, I just love wrenching

7. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

8. RazorSharp

RazorSharp RZRSHRPDVL Brigade Member

[​IMG]

9. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Nice truck ! :thumbsup:
    I bet you love to light up those big-ass back tires ! :devilzeek :devilwag:

Big block, or small block ? (not that it matters much, in this day of 434 cubic-inch small blocks ! )

10. RazorSharp

Thanks.

It has a 489 BBC on nitrous, NHRA techs for 10.00, so I run 180 shot jets puts me around 10.17@131mph with a 1.39 sixty off the foot brake.

Eventually I'll tech it for 8.50 and go to an all aluminum 632 with 20* heads.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  11. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Back in the late `70s, my old roomie and I built up my `66 Corvair Corsa, using a Crown kit, converted it to mid-engine, with a 327/350 HP L79 installed where the back seat used to be, which gave it almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution with 2 people on board.

We made a few light engine mods, it was probably putting down a little over 400 HP, and weighing in at slightly under 2600 lbs. made it big fun to drive.

I took it to Englishtown once, it had a best run of 11.90s at 115 mph. That was easing it off the line, the U-joints were the weak link in the chain, and I didn`t want to break anything.

The car was a real sleeper on the street, and destroyed plenty of Chevelles, Goats, Road Runners, Boss Mustangs, you name it. :bwah:

Corvair V8 06.jpg

Corvair V8 09.jpg

Corvair V8 04.jpg

12. RazorSharp

Now that's a cool back seat!

Bet you surprised a lot of people until they got a look in the back, before mine was roll caged and narrowed in the rear was pretty much all stock body and interior, had a full roller 396 BBC, use to have lots of run at the track running 12's with against mustangs and such.