1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone familiar with Kai kitchen knives?

silenthunterstudios Oct 26, 2006

1. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios The Jello Gigolo

http://www.kershawknives.com/large.htm (look under Kitchen Cutlery and Pure Komachi)

Saw all of these at Wegmans grocery store in Hunt Valley MD, for about 20 bucks a pop. A little too colorful for me, but has anyone used them? I know that Kai owns Kershaw, at first I saw the Kai, and then the Santoku, and looked all over the package like a madman trying to find two words, Ken Onion :), you should have heard my neck snap as I passed the display and saw KAI on it. . I'd like to start out with one good santoku for all kitchen chores, and was looking at the Kershaw Ken Onion pieces, and happened upon these. Again, they're a little colorful for me, but if they work, I'll buy em. Thanks in advance.

2. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

I'm Sure that the Kai Knives are very Good.

I just would never buy a Coated Blade.

Too Much Friction.

All blade Coatings--No matter what kind--Impeed Clean Cutting.

A Santoku is made for Cutting Fish--Veggies and Meat--Three Virtues.

You will notice the Coating on Meat for Sure.

Mike...........................:madaddy:

3. G3

G3 Brigade Member Brigade Member

That's nasty. Why would you need to coat a kitchen blade? I can only forsee it wearing off on the food. :jdvomit:
    Is this a common practice?