1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody go to Costco for deals on Liquor?

Bobert Aug 23, 2013

1. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

I was in the neighborhood, so I decided to check out the Costco in Carlsbad, CA. I about shit my pants when I saw their High End Liquor Cabinet. I took a few pics of the nicer looking ones, but they had quite a selection to choose from. Who has this kind of money and shops at Costco?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Tinysd :dont:

3. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

I was going to say I like to get 1.7s of jack there but then I saw the price tags.

If I had 2 grand to spend on booze..... well I would have to share it with my friends, no?

:manganr:

4. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Very expensive booze.

I wonder if they take trades....:ropeman:

5. pad2

pad2 Helps enable Mr.LaBella's addictions Brigade Member

costco demographic

google "people of Walmart" .................

google "people of Costco" ....................

6. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

I like good whiskey, but I also have a healthy respect for The Law Of Diminishing Return....those prices are off the chain.
    My ex-boss (who was a degenerate gambler) once won a large sum of money on the horses, and took a couple of us out for dinner. At the end of the meal, he ordered a round of some high-end Cognac that cost $120 a glass. I thought it was over-priced and over-rated....

7. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

damn, that is some spendy liquor for sure. a bit out of my range.

my family has stocked up at the Cabo Costco in the past. they had pretty good deals on Don julio 1942.

I've seen some high end "limited edition" liquor too, but from my past job experiences i tend to look at those sales words and lump them together with "bad idea" and "will someone buy this?"

8. paulf

paulf Average member

Wish I had the money to get those!

9. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Good Man!!

You bought all of them.....

10. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

Carlsbad is pretty affluent, so they sell. Any Costco that has professional athletes living nearby does well in high end liquor. :bwah:

When Costco first started selling bordeaux people were dropping thousands at a time.

11. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

:devilzeek:devilzeek
    [​IMG]

Towelie likes this.
  12. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

That doesn't seem like a good deal to me....

13. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

But you get a free pen...

14. Alabama

Alabama Average member

In the slightly cheaper range they sell some damn good Argentine Malbec around $7-9

15. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

yah I noticed that section in one of our Special Liquor Stores recently with some single malt scotches going for $6k and up. Some French wines and Cognacs were pretty steep too. You know even if I could afford it, I still couldn't bring myself to drinking it. I have a bottle of 16 Yr old Oban in the cabinet that has never been opened and it cost $120.

Plus one on the Argentinian Malbecs! Awesome wines at quite a reasonable price :D

16. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Where's all the peeps? Do they limit the traffic to 6 shoppers at a time for a more pleasurable experience? I think the limit at the Tacoma Costco is around 90 bucks a bottle for booze.

17. rudechuck

rudechuck Worst Blood Brigade Member

Richard! Life is short. Crack it open and get to work! :thumbsup:

INSPIRATION:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013