1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Any News on the Triton II?

Norcalflat Aug 1, 2013

1. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

I handled the previous version and thought it was da bomb. This one is even nicer.

:thumbsup:

2. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

I am lucky enough to be the first to handle this new model,so will leave my best and most honest opinion,for others to consider.

I've handled more than my share of Tritons' Jeff has made over the years and although i was a tad skeptical,
    maybe 5-6 years ago,when Jeff told me about an idea he had,for a "Triton II",
    my skepticism went out the door when I had the privilege of handling this beast today.

I never thought this design,could become bigger,stronger or faster,without giving up some of Jeffs' trademark quality,
    but to the contrary,it is leaps and bounds above what I ever expected and if Jeff makes his way here,
    i'd suspect he might agree.

The 1935 Auburn Boattail Speedster look,flowing towards the rear of the frames,is by my opinion,
    the classiest part of its' new esthetics,but the gold medal award goes to his new mechanism,
    of which the likes of any D/A OTF has never been accomplished,again,BMHO.

Not to toot my horn,or Jeffs' horn for that matter,but rather i will just say it like it is.

I've handled/owned every single custom makers' D/A OTF's ever built and never once,
    have i experienced the smoothness of this particular model.

It is hard to explain,but pushing and retracting the button on this piece,
    is almost like it has some form of cruise control sensor,given its' ease of motion,
    despite its' new somewhat overwhelming (but perfect) size and glides/functions
    in and out of the frames unlike anything else,without leaving pieces of my skin on the button,
    tugging back and forth,like i've done firing other wares.

I can go on about the Turkish Twist blade and its' subtle beauty and stroke Jeffs' dick about
    the quality of his mirror polishing skills etc,on this 1 of a kinder prototype,
    but his talents regarding this stuff is nothing new.

What is new,is the design in which he has finally created,to make such a piece,
    albeit much like his Spaceknife version,operate so effortlessly,as if the knife were half its' size.

Bravo Jeff,it was well worth the wait!:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rio likes this.
  3. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Goddamn, that's a knife.

I said, Goddamn!

Is it too much to ask for a plain Jane version?

:bwah:

obi

4. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

if the 4 grand version sell like cookies,
    why bother with the same amount off fabrication time on a plane one :devilwag:

( nothing negative )

there will be a Q or a triton one day in my collection :thumbsup:

5. kizuf

kizuf czechee ďábel JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

It looks great, I'd sooo like to try the action:cry:

Thanks for the pics AJD1, you have some stunning pieces :thumbsup:

6. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

You are very welcome my friend and thanks for the compliment...:devilwag: