1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Any issues with firearms by Savage?

CDR_Glock Nov 13, 2013

1. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

yea it does cost..but it is fun hitting that plate beyond 1000 yards without dialing a shitload of elevation :unintroduced:

2. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

I have never seen a Savage Bolt Action Rifle that was not a Tack Driver.

3. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

My Old Savage 112 in 22-250 would shoot 1/4 " groups at 100 yards with Remington Target ammo. Might not be pretty but man can they shoot.

4. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

^^^ This ^^^

5. Mr.H

Mr.H Metamorphysist

Savage Hog Hunter

Last winter when all that anti gun rhetoric was heating up, I thought I'd have to make some other arraignments if they decided to ban large cap ARs. So, I started shopping for a 5.56 bolt action. I initially wanted a CZ 527 carbine, but the price tag and the twist rate drove me to the Savage Hog Hunter . Trigger and accuracy are very good in my opinion. My only gripe is that the mag is internal.

I was going to look at the Mossberg MVP, but when I read all the negative reviews (not Magpul friendly) I made the move to buy a Savage.

Not perfect, but pretty damn good!

6. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

there is after market mag adaptors for that non box drop mag rifles
    and boyds stocks i think has a few options (theres where i got my thumb hole for the 10fp i have )

i looked into updating to a box mag but since its just a fun toy i didnt see a need vs cost

if i wanted high cap but still nearly a tack driver i woudl get a AR10T

7. RussMo

RussMo Average member

My wife and I were thinking about leaving Alaska so I sold off my Win. Mod 70, .458 Win Mag, and my Marlin .45-70. Well things changed and were staying which I'm very happy about. Then I started thinking I don't have anything bigger than a .308". So yesterday we went out and I bought a Savage 111, .338 Win Mag, HOG Hunter and now I'm going to order a Precision Armament M-41 muzzle break. Man I'm looking forward to brush busting with this thing. This rifle feels good in the hands, short, stout and easy to wield in thick bush.

8. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

The Savage 24-series rifle/shotgun combos are excellent highly versatile firearms. I sold my 24D Series G so I'll have an incentive to track down a 24C. Both are 22LR over 20ga. Fun shooters.

They also made the 24's in a whole pile of other useful rounds, to include a 223 Remington over 20ga and 30-30 over a 12ga.