1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Any Guitar players here?

Paper Cut Apr 17, 2015

1. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Huge member

I used to own a Fender Splattercaster. I don't play as much now but when I do I use my GF's acoustic Takamine.

2. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

That heat anno looks great!

3. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks !

Made another. This one has deep etch and clear coat.:devilwag:

[​IMG]

4. Mygary

Mygary Little member

I started playing almost a year ago, and started out with a fairly crappy Lyon acoustic. A few months later I picked up a fender squire affinity, which isn't very quality either but hey it works. I've since upgraded my acoustic to a Fender Hellcat, which I LOVE. The thing is sexy as hell and sounds amazing. I'm no guitar wizard but I know a few songs and like learning, and can appreciate the instrument.

5. Bobasan

Bobasan Brigade Member Brigade Member

I pretty much only play classical but seeing those cool picks makes think I should flat pick more. :manganr:

6. Icceal555

Icceal555 Huge member

I've been learning for a while. I have a squier strat with a p90 in the bridge, and I usually use a thumbpick.

7. bubba-san

bubba-san Katanakaji Knife Maker or Craftsman

I pick and grin a little . Been playin for years . Just never got that good . My brothers were much better than me . I didn't practice much . I still play some rhythm .. I have an old Gretsch with fiddle cutouts .

Its kind of worn but sounds good still. I was thinking about getting one of the Martin small guitars for camping and fishing .. They seemed pretty cheap for a Martin about 499 $

Does anyone have any experience with that small model ?? Bubba

check this little babe..........http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/guitars/itemlist/category/61-backpacker.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  8. Glenn

One off custom Guitar Pick.

It's destine for Guitarist Joe Satriani , to be hand delivered by Mr Bill T.

Mosaic Damascus . It's getting some clear coating to last the test of time.

[​IMG]

9. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Looks nice, but before you coat it...maybe you should shape the edge a bit? A single thickness makes it a guitar pick shaped piece of metal.

Take a look at the little thick red JAZZ picks you can find at any guitar shop (Jim Dunlop Jazz III). Eric Johnson plays with these...well, everyone I know does. Thick at the top, but thin and rounded a bit at the bottom so the string rolls off the tip, not an edge.

Just saying...Bill T uses bone and horns...and I am sure even with those materials, he is thinning near the working edge at least a bit.

obi

10. Glenn

Obi, it's a pendant , not to be played with . :bwah:

A pick would also need some flex to it, metal won't flex.

It is SUPER thin though less then 1mm, and I bet it could be used as a last ditch pick.

11. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Sorry, but the reference to Bill T, who does make picks for him to use, I assumed...:unintroduced:.

Nice pendants shaped like guitar picks.

obi

12. rudechuck

rudechuck Worst Blood Brigade Member

I've been playing since I was 13. I'm 46 now. In my most successful band (which was not successful at all), I played bass, and I was a good bass player. But after 33 years I consider myself a mediocre guitarists (with a few tricks up my sleeve).

I currently own:

• 1987 G&L ASAT which I purchased new for about $400 back when Leo Fender was still making them (they've gone up a bit);
    • Mexican Fender Telecaster
    • Early '80's Schecter USA Strat with Rio Grande pickups
    • Gibson Hummingbird Pro
    • Dean Exotica RSE
    • Kamoa E3-C ukulele
    I have a bunch of speaker cabinets in my garage, but only one amp, which is a bass amp (GK800RB). Of course, I don't own any basses anymore :unintroduced:. I had an awesome 1974 Sunn Model T that I couldn't justify keeping (too loud to play at home and worth too much money). And my son is currently "borrowing" (as in I'll probably never see them again) my Peavey Duel 212 and all my pedals. But that's okay seeing as how he gave me the Gibson as a gift. :thumbsup:

I had a Pacer back around 1984-85 - blue sunburst, three single coils. It was stolen right out of my car. :devilfinger:

13. Paper Cut

Paper Cut Huge member

I have now sold my Pacer to some kid on Craigslist I regret it now because he will probably ding it up and shit. But the funds went to my new Schecter C-1 XXX with emg 59-85. Same with my Jackson JS32 V is now long gone aswell.

14. rudechuck

Yeah, my son, Connor, has now stolen my Gibson :devilfinger: Coffee Houses and Open Mic Nights beware.

[​IMG]

15. rudechuck

I got my Gibson back. Strings are disgustingly filthy. I needed to change them anyway. :tocalaguitara:

16. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

Started playing bass late 2009. Suddenly quit one day a couple of years ago, don't remember why. I recently found my old Ibanez gsr205sm, don't know what the hell I was thinking back then but I had the strings on backwards the last time I played it :bwah: Was probably trying to learn how to play left handed or something :unintroduced: Started on a 5 string, only ever played 5 string. All in all I still suck at the bass :bwah::bwah::bwah:

17. SA8TER21

SA8TER21 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I started playing back in the early 2000s when I was about 10. I stopped playing for some stupid reason and I pick it back up from time to time. I know its a shame but Im always going back and forth between hobbies its crazy.

My first guitar was a Cort Lead II copy.....Still have it.

Here is where things get different with my guitar experience. Got my first job back in 2010 working with Gene Baker and Premier Builders Guild in Arroyo Grande California. Worked there tell the shop closed down a few months ago. In that time I made 6 guitars from scrap wood and had a blast making them. When I mean I made those I made those by hand with pin routers and necks that fell out of production with split and splintered fretboards or cracked headstocks.

I made 4 of the 6 for myself. Also ended up piecing a strat together from a body a friend gave me. Trades for work also got me 2-3 other guitars in the time I was there. Best experience of my life.

I will say I'm better at making guitars then I am playing them.

If anyone wants to see the ones that I have built let me know Ill post some pictures of them.

18. Glenn

Made another pick. :devilwag:

[​IMG]

19. SA8TER21

SA8TER21 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Glenn you make some really awesome looking picks!

Glenn likes this.
  20. rudechuck

Yes, please!