1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Another "how to spot a fake Microtech" thread.

GuItArMaN8373 Aug 12, 2020

1. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

You guys know if the "correct weight" method is still a valid way to verify a Microtech being authentic?

Apparently no matter how they try to fake them, the weight will always be pretty obvious on a fake vs an authentic piece. Just making sure that fact hasn't changed over the years.

Picked up a variety of MT autos lately and just wanting to make sure everything checks out. Of course they all "look" authentic but the damn CCC can sometimes be pretty damn similar.

Thanks!

Balibuyer likes this.
  2. Royce0x0

Royce0x0 Tiny Member

I know this is an old thread, but I used to collect fakes before switching to the real deal. Aside from the obvious things like the lettering matching the knife (i.e. T/E is not written on a single edge knife), the 2 easiest ways to tell are

1) The real deal always has a label on the box that exactly matches the knife whereas fakes never have that
    2) The logo and laser engraving on the real deal is smooth and the double lines running through the name are crisp and distinct whereas fakes have a notable "etch" in the engraving that you can feel with your finger

GuItArMaN8373 likes this.