1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

And the waiting starts again....(NFA)

voimakas Jun 25, 2017

?

Can on a lever .30-30?

1. Awesome!

25.0%
  2. MOST Awesome!

75.0%
  1. voimakas

voimakas JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

We had a new dealer start up here that handles NFA items and does gunsmithing.

So I made the mistake of walking in when I had some money.

2 days later, I'm awaiting a Silencerco Hybrid 46 and a muzzle damaged Winchester .30-30 (post '64) getting threaded for said suppressor. Now to find a 1911 with a rail, a threaded barrel, and suppressor sights.

Back to the rifle: nothing says weird anachronism like an 1894 Winchester in .30-30 with a red dot and a can. We'll see how it actually works.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

That is a combo I have not heard before. Hope you like it.

crogers likes this.
  3. voimakas

The muzzle was damaged so why not?

Next a .35 Marlin needs a threadin'...

No action noise too (like a bolt) so you can single shot it and have it be quieter than a semi auto.

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

It's an interesting idea. Some of my friends would call it blasphemy, but I like being creative with guns and knives

5. zephyr05

zephyr05 Little member Brigade Member

Did you SBR it too?

6. voimakas

No, it'll be like 17" barrel.
    Same here. I have a pre-'64 .30-30 that I wouldn't dream of doing this to.

7. voimakas

It came in this last Monday. It's quuuiiiieeeeeeet on my DW Discretion.

[​IMG]

I'm a fan, let me tell ya. Took a little over 7 months to get the stamp back. And it was definitely a needed piece of good news since the divorce finalized this last Monday.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  8. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Sounds awesome.

I have been waiting for 6 weeks. I decided to forego getting one at a time and order 4 at a time. I should have done it 3 years ago when I did my Trust. Then I would have had them by now.

It takes a lot of patience to wait.

My guy makes a bolt action 9 mm suppressed rifle. The police use them to thin the deer population around here. He said the stock had run low to make more so I just decided against it.

Hunting rifles with Cans would rock, though. I ordered a titanium can for a 300 AAC so I can hunt down the deer on my land.