1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

and another thing.

Once and Always Jul 18, 2007

1. Once and Always

Once and Always Huge member

What's the deal with tire shops? Why do you have to beg the guy to order a set of $130 (each) tires to put on your car? Why do I have to call 3 times to find out if and when he can get them. A why the f**k do I have to leave the car for him to put the f**king tyres on. It's a FU*KING tire store, order the tires ask me for a deposit if you think I'm a sc*mbag and schedule me so I'm in and out like a paying customer not like your a Doctor who needs to attend to dying patient.
    :gzb:

2. CraftGeek

CraftGeek On an extended synaptic sabbatical

I don't have any of these issues at Discount Tire stores. Though maybe only my local one is good.

3. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

Never had this particular problem.

Tell him if he ain't gonna work w/ya on this to go :futroll: :bwah: :jdsmokin:

4. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios The Jello Gigolo

I usually buy whatevers cheapest and in stock, get them mounted at a garage near my fathers shop, put em on myself, and I'm good to go.

5. UT-II

UT-II blase blase

There's one tire store in your town? That has to be the case.

6. Once and Always

okay, how many of you guys are tire shop owners. :chuck:

7. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I say 2 things

1. grow boobs
    and
    b. ( haha) get a new mechanic

8. Once and Always

boobs, I've got boobs! eeehhhhh!

9. Dr Mabuse

Dr Mabuse Set your motherfucker to "receive"

no i've used them all over the US... that's a good chain...

10. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

Went to the local Goodyear store last Friday, Drove out about one hour later with a brand new balanced tire. Took an hour because they were busy. Sometimes I go to the local Sears store. Prices seem to be the same.

11. Once and Always

Wow. I write this thread about truth, justice and the American way and you guys pick up on the tire thead. I suck.

12. Cadi Con Carne

Cadi Con Carne Kwitcherbitchin' Lady Devil

Heh, the boobs don't solve anything. I was in getting SOMETHING fixed in my Yuke (it was computer oriented, I wanted NO part) and some guy asked for a 4/16ths. I couldn't help it..."You mean a quarter inch?"

His reply? "No getting lippy with me about my job, girlie, what do you know about cars?"

"Plenty, but that's math, pal."

He shakes his head and goes back to working...while the three porters in earshot cracked up.

Long story short: Beauty may only be skin deep, but smartass is to the bone.

13. Once and Always

fifteen second delay:

Hahahahahahahhaaaa!

14. VampyreWolf

VampyreWolf Prime minister of coffee Brigade Member

Last set of tires for my car cost me just shy of $100 for 4 tires and shop time :thefinger

but that's what happens when they use your family courier company :signhere:

15. Ndallyn

Ndallyn knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Take your money somewhere else. Bad customer service more often than not equals shoddy workmanship. If the guy at the desk doesn't want to help you, it stands to reason that the guys in the back don't give a shit either. At that holds true for the fab. shops I've worked in.

The Ford dealership where I bought my truck used to pull this shit on me all the time. I'd book in for an appointment at say 10am (usually book a week ahead) and when I'd get there, they'd tell me that they wouldn't be able to get it in until 1 or 2. I actually kind of lost it at the service manager because no one seemed to think that they should give me a call instead of wasting 3-5 hrs of my time. One time I dropped it off in the morning before work, came back at 5 to pick it up and they hadn't even started on it yet, I had to drive it home and bring it back the next morning and the numb bastards refused to give me a discount or a courtesy car (I had to take a cab to work from the dealership 2 days in a row $$). Now that the warranty's over, I can actually shop around.

You are the customer, don't put up with being screwed around.

16. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

Don't have any of those places by me, but I do have Mavis Discount Tire chain stores, pretty much the same type of place.
    We have four cars in the family and I've taken all of them there with ~zero~ problems. When they didn't have the tire I needed in stock, they made a call and it was delivered to them in 30 minutes.

Once and Always, if you're not getting the service you deserve from your shop, go somewhere else where they'll appreciate your money!

17. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

the customer is always right, if your not happy tell them to sit and spin, find a new place to spend your cash........