1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo Inc. Hollow Points Choked My Glock

Nathan Dewey Nov 23, 2021

1. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

For anyone who has a Shoot Point Blank gun store (mostly midwest) they have been pushing these cheap hollow points. At about a dollar a round, it's almost too good to be true. Well, if you have a glock 43 it might. Basically, the bullets sit too high above the casing which makes them just slightly longer than the headspace of the chamber on my 43. When it chambers, the round doesn't sit in the right place for the firing pin to strike the primer in the right spot and you have to fight to clear it because the extractor is engaged.
    I put the same ammo in my sig sauer 320 and it fed and fired just fine. The sig has over a thousand rounds through it, the glock has under 200, but I doubt that's a factor. That sig has eaten everything I"ve put in it, maybe it has a little more headspace in the chamber. As for the glock, I'll stick with hornady for now.

snache likes this.
  2. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

A buck a round doesn't seem cheap to me.

begreen61, snache and chutcher like this.
  3. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Ammo ain't cheap these days. I use ammoseek.com to search for deals.

begreen61, Samb and snache like this.
  4. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

Once this is over you better stock up like I did during the Obama fiasco. I don't shoot much anymore but I have over 3000 rds. of 9mm left, gobs of 22 and over1200 rds of 5.56 and 1000 of 7.62x39 and a bunchh of 12 gauge. I ain't scared of no zombies.

snache and chutcher like this.
  5. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Reloading is the way to go.

begreen61, chutcher and Samb like this.
  6. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

But you are right. A buck a round is outrageous for 9mm even for today. The lowest on ammoseek right now for plinkers is 29 cents per round. You can get defensive rounds for not much more.

begreen61 and snache like this.