1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Amilo does not follow through on "I'll take it"

Sharpazzhell Feb 27, 2017

1. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

Great person to deal with too. Also always responded to emails for casual conversation. Still in contact with him hes a nice person and i get that he is an honest person. I THINK EVERYONE DESRRVES A CHANCE EVEN IF THEY POST A NEW SALE FOR THE FIRST TIME.

2. amilo

amilo Little Member

watch out for this guy. He says he'll sell something to you but will immediately offer it to the next bidder at his convenience from right under you. Has zero integrity when it comes to selling. Don't buy from Billy_Goat, he is NOT truthful.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  3. Billy_Goat

Billy_Goat JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

4. amilo

amilo Little Member

I was given his word that he would hold the item, and he renegged on his word because another buyer had money right then and there.

I would have understood selling to someone with cash, if he hadn't already told me he could wait and hold the knife.

5. Billy_Goat

This guy is turning out to be something else . If you dont have the money dont enter voodoo.
    looks like all you have done on the mighty Jd is buy sale buy sale. No interaction with the members what so ever.

Ive tried to be a nice guy. If the mods or someone wants more info, heres my number. 913 963 4163 My name is Brennyn

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  6. amilo

amilo Little Member

I'm on four different knife forums, I can't be always active on all of them. Mods can PM me as well for timed screenshots of all our interactions.

I'm simply trying to inform people to be careful when doing business with this guy and giving my experience. No hyperbole or slander.

7. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

So you asked him to hold a knife for you until Thursday, and he sold it on Friday?

Winter, SOCALSURF and seandavid55 like this.
  8. amilo

amilo Little Member

Not exactly. I offered a straight trade first, which he declined and said that he needed the money.

I saw the knife was still available the next day so I asked him if he was in a hurry to sell it because if not I was willing to sell the knife I offered in trade and I'd just give him the cash. He said he wasnt in a hurrry and gave me his number to text out the details.

From there, seller agreed to hold it until I sold my knife, then when I contacted him with the funds he informed me of another buyer he had lined up and that he was going with the other buyer instead. I specifically asked if holding it until the end of the week would be okay.

Seller offered no explanation of retort as to why he agreed to hold thecknife for me and another user at the same time to begin with, then sold it to another user.

I provided seller with plenty of assurances that I was serious and interested and that I had to sell the knife I offerred to trade him, yet he still hedged his bets and hung me out to dry knowing full well the hoops I had to jump through for our deal.

If seller had been up front from the beginning I would've understood, but the seller agreed to hold the same item for two people then choose the buyer that he preferred.

It's one thing to say "no" I want a buyer who has cash right now, it's another to give two people your word that you can hold an item for them. That's duplicitous and shows a lack of integrity and trust.

9. Billy_Goat

Ive got a job and kids and no time for this. I hadnt heard from you and someone else wanted it. Did i need to hit up everyone that was interested in that knife before i sold it? You are blowing this way out of proportion!

And cant we both learn from this. I wont ever hold a knife and you need cash up front. Can we shake hands and grow up?

SOCALSURF and seandavid55 like this.
  10. amilo

amilo Little Member

I understand your point, but this is a forum for traders too and I had something to offer you. If you don't remember I offered you another knife of equal value before I just came out and asked you to hold it for cash. There was a whole dialogue, and I trusted that you were a part of that conversation and understood my position (selling a knife to buy yours). I believe we both have learned from this and hope we can put this behind us now.

FWIW, I'm out two knives that I wanted in my collection now because you sold one and I sold the other in anticipation of yours.

11. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

duplicitous......you win.

12. Brian B

Brian B Little Member

Once he denied the trade offer and you didn't have the cash, it was fair game. Keep your head up and eyes peeled for another one.

crogers and stdlrf11 like this.
  13. amilo

amilo Little Member

normally, I'd agree. But then I contacted him again and fully explained my situation to him at which point we made another agreement. It wasn't until after he denied the trade that he gave me his number and we made this other agreement

14. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Don't try to dicker deals like that. It's really simple.

If you have the money, buy the knife. If you don't, move on.

After reading this thread, I'll never do business with you, Amilo.

crogers, SOCALSURF, Brian B and 2 others like this.
  15. amilo

amilo Little Member

Fair enough. I would understand that. I'll admit that there was some of the blame on me. It was the most complex situation I put myself in and I should have expected that it wouldn't go perfectly.

I've never asked anyone to hold an item for me and can see the fault in doing that now. I've seen so many $PF post I figured it was normal. That's on me. Next time cash only from here on out

I just don't even understand why the seller agreed to do the same hold for multiple people. Tell me no from the start instead of giving me your number and saying we can work something out.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  16. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

So what I'm left wondering are:
    1. How did amilo get the impression Billy Goat would hold the knife until Friday?
    2. Who are all these other people Billy Goat allegedly said he would hold the knife for, and where are they in this deal?
    And as my buddy hotwheels said/wrote don't do dick deals.

crogers, SOCALSURF and amilo like this.
  17. amilo

amilo Little Member

This was after my trade offer. Showing my leeriness to even ask someone to hold an item for me. I didn't think I was being a dick at that time, so I'm sorry to Billy_Goat if I was then. I'll admit this whole ordeal left me unnecessarily upset.

18. SOCALSURF

SOCALSURF Huge member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

^ +1
    I'll personally never do business with this member!!!

So you missed out on a knife that "you" didn't have the money to begin with, Amilo. Just move on and find another freaking knife! I'll be willing to bet that you'll still be here...whining.

:gtfokax::click::crybabies:

19. SOCALSURF

SOCALSURF Huge member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Sorry that you had the misfortune of crossing paths with this member, BG.

It's very apparent, that you made the right call!

Billy_Goat likes this.
  20. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

No, wait......a Bali deal went south.....go figure.

gpd215, Berkley, crogers and 2 others like this.