1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

America is NOT a land of opportunity

1986mpv Jun 14, 2015

1. 1986mpv

1986mpv JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

And if you say it is, you're a racist.

Seriously. Every time I think the social justice movement can't get any more pathologically insane, they do. I used to laugh. I thought it would peter out. But it just seems to keep getting worse. Take a gander at the UC's new sensitivity guidelines. (If you're triggered by Orwellian bullshit, don't click this link.)

http://www.ucop.edu/academic-person...eminars/Tool_Recognizing_Microaggressions.pdf

I want off this ride.

2. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

I read on youtube the other day someone calling another person a transphobic because he wouldn't bang bruce jenner in the ass.

So yeah I've pretty much given up on shit like that.

3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I always remember my friend's older brother who had an afro-american roommate at Rutgers. Every morning upon waking up the person of color would tell my friend's brother... "OK... the jig is up!" How times have changed! Way to much nit picking; not enough good humor. :devilroll:

4. elusiveweasle

elusiveweasle Brigade Member Brigade Member

So, if I recognize cultural or racial differences then I'm a racist? If I attempt to ignore cultural or racial differences then I'm a racist? If someone makes me uncomfortable and I choose to listen to that inner voice/sixth sense and cross the street I'm a racist? If I state my opinion in any way shape or form, then I'm a racist?

I agree, let me off at the next stop.

5. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

Fuck anyone playing the race card.

The country is as divided as ever.

I'll get off the bus now too and pull the pin and drop the grenade as I exit.

6. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

Has this story made much of an impact outside of my local area?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/15/us/washington-rachel-dolezal-naacp/

7. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

8. ster91b

ster91b Paloozster! Brigade Member

Yes. It is baffling and entertaining all at the same time. She seems to be a pathological liar. But I guess in America you truly can be whatever you want to be.

9. ster91b

ster91b Paloozster! Brigade Member

And to answer the OP,

Why do we find it necessary to live without pain? I'm a relatively young 35 who has lived a pretty carefree life and I have pain. Suffering makes me better and brings me closer to the things I love.

While I do want to add to other's suffering and if this is what they need to acknowledge and soothe that pain so be it. However, in the words of that long ago smuggler Han Solo, "never tell me the odds".

ETA: but of course this is what I want to do for myself. What others should do is up to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  10. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

CHEWIE GET US OUTTA HERE!

*hroooooooooooooooooooooo*

11. scott308

scott308 Huge member

I am leaving work early - going home - watching Fight Club for the 50th time - apologizing to my 18 month old son that I was too concerned with making a living to ensure his sanctity as a male born in the United States.

12. scott308

scott308 Huge member

How about if I listen to that inner voice/sixth sense and punch them in the face - am I a racist?

13. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

i'm pretty happy being a privileged cis-gendered shitlord.

elusiveweasle likes this.
  14. elusiveweasle

elusiveweasle Brigade Member Brigade Member

That could be considered a hate crime. Whereas if the situation were reversed, well, you see where I'm going with this.

Society has finally become flexible enough to shove it's head up its own ass.

A has been celebrity decides to lop off his junk and identify as a woman, everyone calls him a hero.
    A woman that is clearly white tells e eryone she's black and people are sheepish enough to go along with it to the extent she heads a chapter of the NAACP.

These are bad times my friend.

15. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

:fixed:
    LOFL

Somehow, in the mid 90's, homophobia became the be-all, end-all label for anything anti-homosexual. You don't like gays? Youre a homophobe. The word means dislike or prejudice against homosexuals, but if you break it down based on it's latin roots, -phobia means fear of, or aversion to. It really makes the word sound like it wasn't formed properly. If you don't like gays it make you sound like you're afraid of them (or as some infer, that you are scared you are gay). They took phobia a bit out of context in my opinion. The word would have been better formed with a more accurate latin root IMHO. Like -odious, hateful/hatred. I guess it would end up being Homodius. Sounds weird, but at least it doesn't have phobia in it.

16. scott308

scott308 Huge member

Very good! I have struggled with the semantic value of the term homophobic for quite some time. Admittedly, I am on the fence as to whether or not I would bang Ms. Jenner in the ass(or any other place for that matter):ropeman: Maybe that should be a Devil's poll - Would you or would you not bang the person formerly known as Bruce Jenner?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  17. 1986mpv

1986mpv JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nailed it. For the social justice crowd, the morality or criminality of any act depends entirely on the relative positions of the people involved. A white killing a black is far worse than the reverse, because the white has "privilege and power" and the black doesn't. Ditto a man killing a woman. We've heard frequently that black people and women cannot be racist or sexist because those things require "privilege and power," and oppressed groups don't have any. I keep waiting for them to seriously argue that whites and men can't be murdered, because "privilege and power."

I've never given a damn about my Cherokee heritage before, but maybe I should get a CDIB. It would shut them right up if I could claim some victimhood status for myself. But why go that far? I could simply say I identify as a woman, or a black man, for the purposes of whatever conversation I'm having.

18. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

"A White man or woman clutches his/her purse or checks wallet as a Black or Latino person approaches." = "You are a criminal."

that one always makes me laugh, and I am a brown man. My Dad always told me to keep my wallet in my front pocket(I only do this in crowded areas now a days) because it is harder to steal and more easily noticed when someone tries. I still find myself patting my pocket at times to determine which pocket I currently placed my wallet when I walk by people I DON'T KNOW. People can be dicks, and everyone has a right to keep their guard up.

In my younger days, I had a hobo tell me that I was judging him for being a homeless black man by not accepting his jacket as collateral while I gave him money to go to the spot and bring me back cookies. I said, "don't gimme that shit, I don't KNOW YOU. go get it and I will be right here." It wasn't a philosophical break through by any means, but the dude quickly changed his tune and was like, "I get you man, i'll be right back." When in Rome, find a homeless man that knows people. :bwah::bwah:

19. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

Cookies? :bwah:

20. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

Yeap, cookies. Green, hairy ones. Some of the better cookies I have had too especially when considering the source. I miss going to SHOT.

ded i and norcal13 like this.