1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Beast Variations

DrZero Oct 22, 2020

1. DrZero

DrZero Little member

While I was thinking about the two recent AB variations that were (like all BRS offerings) briefly available on BladeHQ for a day or two - they both sold out.

Which got me thinking about all the AB variations that are out there. I used to collect balisongs, but I think now I may just be collecting Alpha Beasts, there are so many possible variations.

The biggest difference it seems to me is the infinity vs. original squared profile handles.
    There is also slab vs. chab; latch vs latchless; normal, bowie and kukri blade shapes; and with or without pocket clips.

And then you have the colors: natural, green, blue, purple .. maybe others.

What variations do you have? What do you want? If you are fortunate to have several types, which variations do you like the most? (Show 'em if you can!)

A few skeletonized metal handle bali's:

[​IMG]
    Note book is 9.75" tall. The beast is bigger.
    From left: Alpha Beast Bowie, Benchmade Mod 62, "Hornet II" (bought in TImes Square, NYC circa 1983) and Benchmade zinc handled "catalog knife" (circa 1998?)

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i dont see your picture

i really liked the hidden tang pin cups on the older ab that arent on the newer versions

it would be cool to have a documented list of versions and dates they dropped

there is always the ab sitrep thread page 236
    starting at post #4708 by EOD13

if you scroll down a little

its an excellent guide

however some of the pics dont work

https://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/alpha-beast-sitrep.102980/page-236

BennytheBlade likes this.
  3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'm not sure what happened. His pic was working earlier. Maybe he moved it.... :devilzeek

apdallaround likes this.
  4. DrZero

DrZero Little member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 6:15 PM
  5. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

341EA045-38D9-4BE4-9DC6-86F1B8112ED1.jpeg
    I hunted down the 4 blade variations. Scimitar is a 2.0, with hidden tang pin cuts, bought used here. Alt is a chab. Kukri and Bowie are premium. No infinities. I wondered what the difference were and for me each has its own unique characteristics. I definitely favor the chab and kukri followed by the scimitar and Bowie, although they are all balanced great, they each feel different. If you can’t tell I love my alpha beasts.