1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Beast SitRep

Looseyfur Feb 5, 2012

1. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

So does this mean there will be a crew alert email or random drop or what?

2. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

let me give you an assumption and then an assertion.

my assumption is that BHQ had a target marketed effort with the last drop, because I got basically a balisong specific email from them in the form of their notification/newsletter. I think thats why we got the nod about the drop dates with about an hour to spare, my assumption is they were mining some data from that effort. Thats a good thing, I think it shows their keen interest in this market and that its grown to the extent that it occasionally deserves its own marketing effort, and subset of data.

my assertion is that anytime we release something directly from our website, we will send out a crew alert, then announce on our social media feeds as a follow up, and will do our level best to alert people and chose times that allow for folks to map out their day and their purchase.

as always we thank you guys for the support!

keep em flippin

Loosey

BennytheBlade likes this.
  3. KaliSong

KaliSong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Loosey are we looking at alt blades for the select reps this time or the OG blade profile?

4. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

Thanks for the reply and yes that does all sound promising for the future of the Balisong community! I've said it many times before but it really can't be stated enough; thank you guys at BRS for making amazing Balis/products, for standing behind those products, and for everything else y'all do for the community and our common interest in this awesome balisong passion that we all share and love! :helix:

5. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

anyone watching AB videos on youtube lately?

some complete douchebag on youtube "captainameriyang" or something like that posted a video about getting caught at school with a replicant and got suspended.

the guy is a toolbag. his video is completely ghey. i would have commented some asshole comment but he disabled comments because he is a pussy.

sad to think up and comers who are researching bali's probably come across such a completely stupid video that is so arrogantly edited.

if that ass clown is on the mighty JD i want him to know he's a tool.

rant fin.

coll3ctor and desmodus like this.
  6. KaliSong

KaliSong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

You know, that video keeps getting suggested to me in the sidebar but I've never watched it. I saw one of his vids about clones (specifically one purveyor of clones that he seems to be leading a youtube crusade against, but I won't give them any free advertising by naming them here). He's a bit over the top for my taste, and seems to mostly be wrapped up in drama with the young kiddos re: clones. Honestly I'm split on whether his antics are turning people away from clones or just giving them free exposure.

7. fogcreature

fogcreature JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've watched a number of his videos. He's young, his videos are edited to be funny and sometimes they are. He loves balisongs and can flip the fuck out of them. He hates BRS clones. He responds to trolls a bit too much imo but, he's young. He has a couple of tutorials that are really good and have helped me. Seems like a knife enthusiast that's just enthusiastic. I watch for the knife content and if I get too annoyed with the comedy I watch something else. No big deal.

8. apdallaround

The AB Infinity is awesome. I'm very glad i shot from the hip and got the original blade version from bladehq. The blade crowning is perfect, rounded handles are so nice feeling. I really love this knife, feels great, looks great. Flips awesome although i suck in comparison to many of the skilled flippers on the JD.

***1 question for Looseyfur or KZ:
    I want to remove the pocket clip. Is the hardware thread locked? I don't want to fuck up hardware on this sweet piece. If i have to heat it to soften the thread lock before unscrewing i'd like to know ahead of time. It looks like there is a small spacer bung fitting in the recess of the spacer hardware under the clip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BennytheBlade and KaliSong like this.
  9. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Bung.

apdallaround likes this.
  10. apdallaround

The bung is there, i can snap a pic if you'd like.

Used my o-scope and soldering iron and removed the clip. Pretty sure it wasn't thread locked but wasn't taking a chance. Even with the "bung" the hardware is a little long so i ordered some from usaknifemaker to mod. For now it holds tight enough with a little gapage.

Either way i put it back together and its groovy baby, yea.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  11. silverds

silverds Little member

Aramis, Athos, Porthos et D'Artagnan[​IMG]

zephyr05 and coll3ctor like this.
  12. apdallaround

ordered some hardware from usaknifemaker and removed the pocket clip.

shortened some of the sex bolts from usaknifemaker and used the oem screws since they are T8's. i didnt shorten the oem brs sexbolts incase i want to add the clip in the future.

turned out real nice and clean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MidnightAbyss likes this.
  13. coll3ctor

coll3ctor Average Member

will there be another drop soon?

14. Baliman987

Baliman987 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

There are some Venom Infinity's live on the BRS site right now

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017