1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Beast SitRep

Looseyfur Feb 5, 2012

1. hulkblud

hulkblud JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That was an awsome video, I feel like it should be narrated by the guy that does the planet earth series lol

2. Kluber

Kluber Little member

Thanks for putting both of the blade options in this vid. Never actually noticed all the differences between them.

3. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

Surprised nobody is talking about the knifecenter AB3 drop today. Is this thread no longer being used or what?

4. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

5. oregonian

oregonian Huge member

I am waiting for the Rep. Alt. Patiently.

6. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hello All-

Just a quick update.

We are heating up the ACID to produce a few more Venoms so keep your eyes out on our website or for the announcement via email in a few weeks.

Replicants are coming, and in many glorious forms. :thumbsup:

IF you missed out on a standard AB and want another crack at one, you wont have long to wait, look to buy one directly from us on our site in awhile.

Do you like Green Premium Alpha Beasts? if so you may want to be sure to check our website for a small batch of them to arrive before Christmas.

BB mods? Pale, Kz and Myself are working out a few strait ahead mods to make available from the Custom Shop sometime soon.

NO the Bronze AB is not discontinued... Knifecenter has some "thing" with their website that would show an out of stock unit potentially as discontinued. We have let them know that just because something is out of stock from us doesn't mean we have stopped generating it. They will fix up the site to reflect it as sold out and not discontinued, NOTHING we have made is discontinued. This includes Select Reps, rare as they are, a few more should be floating around early 2017.

We hear that people are surprised occasionally that things we make are actually in stock... Like it some kind of fail on our part... "wow these didnt sell out in 5 seconds, etc etc," Look, we had many an angry email when we were ramping up trying to meet the markets demand for our products, so let me get this strait, your pissed if they dont sell out quick, and if they sell out too quick your pissed? :ropeman: ok, take a xanax. Its good to be in stock, its great to have products in the market for interested people to land on, and lets face it it does suck to wait a long time between runs, so lets embrace the idea that we are working on our projection for the volume of units to be sold of any particular model annually... who the fuck forecasts for what can be sold in a weekend? Theres like 104 weekend days in a year why should 102 of them fall flat on product? We want people to be able to get access to our products and for new people to the hobby to be able to get engaged as soon as possible. Not only is is good business, but good for balisongs and if thats not about the most -=BRS=- thing you can say then I dont know wtf is, lol. That said not for nothing I wouldn't sleep on a drop and think theres always plenty to go around, we are working hard to meet the projections, but as evidenced by recent sell out......

Listen... We are going to make some folders too, and they are going to be fucking good, and priced fair, and be strait up. Its not going to impact or destroy our efforts to generate balisongs, we are getting a chance to work with some great people and do some excellent projects and I am confident that our core audience will enjoy them or at least the option to look to us for all knives given the care and service we have brought to our existent product line.

I LOOOOVE balisongs, but I also love knives in general and exploring what we can do in all facets of this hobby is not only my raison d'etre, but allows us to continue to grow and do even more with our balisongs and offerings there, to be even more positioned to HELP, to SUPPORT, to SPONSOR, GIVE PRIZES, RAISE AWARENESS of the hobby of flipping and balisongs. More get together, competitions and meet ups, more films, support material, clothes, and lifestyle to keep everyone busy and interested for years to come. The stronger we become as a company, the stronger the effort can be.

I guarantee, if you as friends, and consumers and fans continue to support us the way you have, you are going to see to even greater degrees that we joined together with this community to create, and share, and to choose a direction and message that will constantly bring progress and inclusiveness to the industry. It's these core elements that have always been a part of our philosophy, and will continue to be. You can have a front row seat, right along side us.

I dont want to covet the experience of growing this business, of making these decisions, the excitement of new projects and product lines, of having success and validation. I want everyone of you to co-opt it, and enjoy it right along with Kz and I.

If any of you are going to NYCKS this upcoming weekend, Kz and I will be wandering around. Look us up.

keep em flippin-
    Loosey

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
    Coconutfilipino and KaliSong like this.
  7. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Awesome info. Well done and THANKS.:thumbsup:

8. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

If you ever make a fixed blade knife with the same blade profile as the AB I will buy the crap out of one of them.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  9. Jedi

Jedi Little member

loctite

does the Alpha Beast or Alpha Beast Premium come with the screws loctited?

10. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Mine hasn't loosened up yet. Figure when it does I'll loctite it up. :thumbsup:

11. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

They use Vibratite Thread Locker. It's pretty good shit. Haven't had anything work loose after hours of flipping on my new 3.0. Couple concrete drops too which will occasionally break 243 Loctite's bond for me.

12. Jedi

Jedi Little member

that is good to know!

so if I get the premium - will the anodizing wear off or is that permanent?

This what benchmade gets for not making a quality bali! LOL

13. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yeah. The ano will wear off eventually. Some faster than others. Kind of depends on the color. High voltage colors last longer than lower voltage colors generally. It should last a good amount of time.

14. Bali guy

Bali guy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If we purchase an alpha beast directly from the website, can we have custom shop work done before we receive it?

15. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

no the custom shop is not at the brs headquarters. they may be willing to ship your knife directly to the custom shop after you purchase but you'll have to confirm with them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  16. Bali guy

Bali guy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Ah ok, thanks.

17. Shawn Savage

Shawn Savage JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Did I miss the Venoms that you said we're going to drop on the website in a few weeks??? My fingers are crossed that I didn't because the only email I got was for the alt blade reps. I'm praying that I still have a shot at my lovely Venom:madaddy:

18. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

no you did not.

select reps and venom are incoming.

merry x-mas

19. Shawn Savage

Shawn Savage JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Best news I've gotten in a while!!! Thank you so much brother Merry X-mas to you as well

20. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

So does this mean there will be a crew alert email or random drop or what?