1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Beast SitRep

Looseyfur Feb 5, 2012

1. Slickrick

Slickrick JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

They really are :manganr:

[​IMG]

2. loosehead

loosehead JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Thanks for the update, I was just about to ask this in the Replicant thread.

3. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

Awesome pair ya got there Rick.

First and last time I'll ever say that.

:facepalm:

4. san-mai-usa

san-mai-usa JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Finally got me some Beasts.
    And what can I say, I like what BRS are doing.
    Oh, and special thanks for that package Loosey. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

knifezoid likes this.
  5. LAHST

LAHST JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Second batch beast recieved.

knifezoid likes this.
  6. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

So I was flipping my new AB 3.0 last night and I noticed a little something on the tang near the bottom pin. At first I thought it was a hair or something and tried to brush it away but upon further examination it appears there is actually a small hairline crack that goes thru to both sides of the blade tang:devilzeek! Has anyone ever seen something like this before? I mean it's not really causing any issues right now but i worry it could cause the blade to actually break with further flipping. I tried to take pics but at the moment all I have is my phone and it just couldn't focus that close up to get a pic. You guys think I should stop flipping it and send it in for warranty?

7. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If i suspected my blade was cracked i would send it in

8. hannam72

hannam72 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I would also send it in.

9. Rawk

Rawk Little member

If it were me, I would contact their support and coordinate from there.

I'm sure they would want to know about anything like that ASAP. It helps ensure the highest quality with their products and keeps a loyal customer base happy.

For reference, here is a close up pic of my AB3.0 (1st release batch) that is EDC in my backpocket everyday.

[​IMG]

10. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

Ya i wish i could get a pic but it's definitely a visible hairline crack/fracture visible on both sides of the tang around the pin and on the spine of the tang as well. I'm gonna drop them an email now. Just sucks cause I was just really getting used to flipping the AB and loving it. Hopefully the turnaround wont't take too long.

11. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

12. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

I dropped them an email and sent a contact form thru there site. I'm sure I'll hear back shortly. I will say it feels good as a consumer to not even be concerned that a company will have your back warranty wise! Just based on what I've seen here the BRS guys always go above and beyond in customer support. My biggest fear is having to be without my beast for too long:cry:! But seriously though I wouldn't mind that either as I know they are a busy small business and these things take time.

13. Chiefkurama

Chiefkurama JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That email came fast this time! They're definitely up gents~

14. Rawk

Rawk Little member

I want to send mine in to get the spine crowned and would have done it already had it not been for the withdrawal symptoms of being without it. Should have tried to get one of the new Select Reps so I can have at least one BRS knife on hand at any give time. My Fly51 won't be enough to get me by I'm afraid.

15. gygee

gygee Little member

Got an Alpha Beast 3.0!

I got one! :ross:E-mail notification was fast!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  16. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

I'm with you on that all I've got to hold me over is my Flyti51. But actually I have a Tach2 out for delivery right now so I'm stoked to try the Tach out! But ya I had thought about getting some mods done to my AB too but didn't want to have to send it in either. Maybe I can see about getting some mod work done while it's in for warranty. Perhaps there could be a silver lining after all!

17. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

AB's are live on BHQ if anyone is shopping for one.

:thumbsup:

18. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

Although rare, hairline cracks happen on some pieces of steel. Its entirely possible that your particular blade had an inclusion, pocket, or some other sort of abnormality that caused its failure. I had a spyderco mule team blade in zdp-189 that did the same thing. And yes, unfortunately it will probably get worse as you stress it during flipping. Luckily you bought a knife from a maker/s that has some gumption and backs their product. It is a bummer, but you're in good hands.

19. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Little member

I hope the reps drop soon I've been checking every 20 min

20. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Stallion Rooster JDBA Official Member