1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Beast SitRep

Looseyfur Feb 5, 2012

1. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I don't think it'll be heavy. It'll be weighted just fine with Ti.

2. Dyngus

Dyngus JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The knife is 4.9 with g10 right? Plastic vs titanium is a pretty big difference, but if anyone were to make ti rep handles, I'd be on those like Glenn on dumbasses :madaddy:

3. droopdog666

droopdog666 Average member

hey, did you guys see that awesome deal on the new alpha beast only out of the box once for $650? man i hope its still available

4. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

It is true on non-bushing balis but irrelevant for the AB and rep. The ab1.0 had sloppier bushings and the rep is dead on. I have a well tuned ab 1.0 converted to 2.0 and it has zero slop just like my rep.

5. sharklasers

sharklasers JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Darn it's not available anymore. There goes my chance to own one and help out an upstanding JD member in unforeseen financial distress :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  6. Stranger

Stranger JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

An AB 3.0 came for me yesterday, and I had my 2.0 with me to help do the honors, so I took some pics.

:devilcorn:

[​IMG]
    Side by side, 3.0 on the left (obviously).

[​IMG]
    Other side.

[​IMG]
    Looking down.

[​IMG]
    Much bigger hardware, and visible tang pins.

[​IMG]
    Spacer screws are different on one side.

[​IMG]
    Other side.

[​IMG]
    Sexy blades. Love the AB blade.

[​IMG]
    Other side.

[​IMG]
    Some differences here, the 3.0 has the bigger Replicant screws, the -=BRS=- logo is bigger, and you can see the tang pins/cups.

[​IMG]
    3.0 on top, -=BRS=- logo is bigger.

[​IMG]
    3.0 on top, such nice knives, love em.

[​IMG]
    The idea here is to show the new difference in the tang pin cups. 3.0 tang pin cups go all the way through the handle...

[​IMG]
    The ends...

[​IMG]
    AB 3.0 Excellent knife. Thanks -=BRS=-

7. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Sweet comparison pics! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait till mine finally gets here. :thumbsup:

8. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

Just curious did anyone else receive a spare pivot in the box with their 3.0? I got one spare pivot loose in the box with mine. Is that normal or something?

9. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

lucky, let me quadruple check my box:ross:

sell it, asking price $95:unintroduced:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  10. Tmack

Tmack Level: True Devil

I didn't! Always nice to have. Especially cut to size already

11. Slickrick

Slickrick JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Mine won't be here til tomorrow. Yeah, I'm salty about it. :ropeman:
    was supposed to be here Thursday!!!

12. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

LMAO ya that sounds about right judging from the apparent going rate on the Voodoo lately!:devilzeek

13. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

personally I find that shit shameful and while there truly isnt any real way for us to curb it entirely, we have openly discouraged it and tried to keep our buyers informed about future deliveries so hopefully someone doesnt fall for something.

the other side of the coin is someone whos not willing to wait, and who am I to tell someone how to spend their money.

a strong secondary market is part of a products entire engagement scope, so we do monitor it, but the turn an burn sellers will always exist and its up to the community to police that in whatever way they see fit.

A lot of you know us personally and you know we dont wake up in the morning and think of ways to irritate customers by only making 1000 balisongs when 10000 people want one. Growth is a systemic part of trying to meet demand, and in all growth there is a little pain.

balisongs, this company, this community, may have started as a hobby, but I assure you its become a lifestyle and we also feel it acutely when we see someone who really wants our product miss out on a run cause they sold quick or there just were not enough produced... and personally I get that not everyone is going to be able to rationalize we are a new company growing to meet demand, and working to create demand ;) I mean shit, I never really thought about what trials people have to go through to get the things I want to buy in my hands.... or how many HOURS and HOURS it took to design them, or perhaps the hundreds of sleepless nights spent trying to bring them to market, I want stuff too... but living it definitely has shown me the other side of business ownership.

I mean, most of you would puke in your mouth a little just knowing what Uncle Sam puts us small business owners through, much less what it costs to make any of this stuff from an idea into a tangible product at the production scale, and how youd love to make as many as people want but the constraints in place make what would seem simple from outside the process, into a logistical gauntlet you run every-time you go to produce products.

However, setting sales records with vendors, offering more choices and expanding our flagship models reach, introducing new products, filming with flippers, making this hobby as approachable as possible, lending to this culture, supporting competitions... is all a reflection of what we are trying to bring to the table for everyone. EVERYONE.

thank you for the support :)
    Loosey

Toni likes this.
  14. san-mai-usa

san-mai-usa JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So hope so, as I wasn't collecting when the AB 1 and 2 were around.
    Sat all day at the computer and didn't even see them come up on BHQ site.
    Need one to go with the collection of one of each replicant.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  15. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

Well said Looseyfur.

"setting sales records with vendors, offering more choices and expanding our flagship models reach, introducing new products, filming with flippers, making this hobby as approachable as possible, lending to this culture, supporting competitions... is all a reflection of what we are trying to bring to the table for everyone."

Couple all of that with the way you handle customer service, listening to your "moral compass" when it points you to go above and beyond for the community (if anyone needs a shining example of this read the first post of this thread), the quality and pricing of your product, etc., is what creates such demand. It also creates an extremely dedicated (rabid) customer base and repeat business from them. You guys are doing it right, in a time where alot of businesses aren't. Its all the pieces that turn an average company, into a legendary one.

"A lot of you know us personally and you know we dont wake up in the morning and think of ways to irritate customers by only making 1000 balisongs when 10000 people want one. Growth is a systemic part of trying to meet demand, and in all growth there is a little pain."

I'm sure there were a few folks (probably not adults yet...) out there that genuinely boo hoo'd over not getting their AB order in. And I would venture to say that most of those folks are of the instant gratification generation and not only have no clue about the obstacles of bringing a product to market... they couldn't care less. GIMMIE NOW!, is all they know. Unfortunately you will always have those type of customers, and have to deal with their BS. That said, the majority of us were way more pumped for BRS's continued success, than upset over missing out on a product release. For me personally, I scheduled a vacation around the release. Set multiple alarms on my phone, had my shit saved at bhq, etc. So when I missed it, yea it stung for a few minutes... but the only fault or blame associated was placed on myself for not being quick enough. That sting however was quickly trumped by the smile brought from witnessing first hand all of BRS's efforts paying off for them. Yeah, I (and many others here) will wait as long as it takes to get my AB. And replicant. And future BRS products.

The secondary. Yeah I gotta admit... seeing some jackwagon re-selling their AB for 3 times what they paid while more deserving devils missed out, does make me want to jump in the car and personally deliver a kentucky fried beatdown. But as you mentioned, its up to us to police that dumb shit and luckily here on the JD they get called out on their fuckery. However, I don't think anybody in their right mind would point a finger at BRS over it.

Anyway... I hope both Looseyfur and Knifezoid had themselves some topshelf refreshments/smokes and were able to enjoy the fruits of their labor without worry from some of the bullshit listed above. For a day or two atleast. :bwah: You guys deserve it and thank you, Loosey and KZ, for your support. I have no doubt that the flipping scene, and balisong market, wouldn't be what it is today without you guys. :thumbsup:

Toni likes this.
  16. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

I like how BRS isn't watering down there product just to appease numbers.

A small companies product is always more heart and soul. Perhaps thats the pain that comes with growth.

17. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Don't hate! They are easily seen with the naked eye while holding the knife. I paid a lot of money for my AB as did everyone else.

I don't like to beat my knives up like a lot of you guys. If there are to be marks/scars on it. I want to be the one to put them there. :devilfinger:

18. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:fixed:

*** :bwah:

19. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:devilfinger:
    [​IMG]

20. RixFern

RixFern Little member Lady Devil

We salute you good sirs! Can't wait for the next run of the AB! Is there another list I can get on aside from the mailing list of Blade HQ and BRS?