1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Beast SitRep

Looseyfur Feb 5, 2012

1. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Oh my God, YES!! As soon as mine comes, I'm having my Raiden figure hold it. :jumping:

2. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Right on man, thanks. I don't do any hard surface flipping, So I tend to baby my knives probably more than most. I'm sending the email to you guys now!

Thanks again!

3. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nice!!

4. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looks like youve taken pictures of a perfectly fine AB 3.0 to me.

I'm struggling to find anything wrong with it.

5. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

i see some snail trails and a maybe a tiny edge knocked off one of the spacer recesses. more rampant speculation but someone who was assembling may have actually been ya know human, maybe set that down on a steel table or something.

6. Mike Powley

Mike Powley Little member

I tried calling them a but before they were put on sale and they said that I couldn't add to my order to be eligible for the payment plan

7. sharklasers

sharklasers JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It also said on the listing they weren't accepting phone orders for the Alpha Beast

8. Tmack

Tmack Level: True Devil

Been flipping mine like crazy. Fantastic job as usual guys. Barely any play, and I think it'll be a while before it gets any kind of blade rub, and even then it'll be very minor.

AND SHARP AS SHIT!

5oz without latch. The larger hardware, and sex bolts must give it a couple extra hundredths.

I can't wait for the limited version.!! Keep em coming fellas.

9. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

Got my AB in the mail today! First let me say major props and thanks to iiiwildfireiii for helping me out getting this baby. He deserves major bali karma!

Now as far as the knife itself this is my first AB and let me say I LOVE it! Gorgeous knife and I can already tell from handling it for a few mins that I'm gonna love flipping this thing. As far as some of the flaws that Zuggzugg pointed out I will say that I have a few almost identical marks on my knife such as the little "cyclone" looking milling mark near the pivot etc. But it's really not as bad as I thought when I initially saw Zugg's pics. I don't even have a camera that would be good enough to capture pics of these marks. They can really only be seen at certain angles or lighting for the most part. Perhaps I wouldn't have even noticed had his post not brought it to my attention to check. I'm def not gonna let those tiny imperfections tarnish my love for this awesome knife! Thanks to you BRS guys for making such an awesome knife for the Bali community! Now i just need to get myself a new Rep whenever they release!

10. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

Any chance for an update on the straggler AB's mentioned that were headed to bhq after the initial batch?

Each "I GOT MINE AND IT IS THE JESUS" post....

I just can't...

I don't have anymore tears left.

11. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

We are shipping more to them this week however I think they will elect to have as many as the first wave before they post them up.

wont be long just stay frosty.

12. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

Thanks man, will do!

13. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Zuggers doesn't have a camera good enough to capture those flaws either :bwah:

14. sawjaws

sawjaws JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Thank you, Sir!

Much appreciated :thumbsup:

15. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

lmao!

16. Slightly Sane

Slightly Sane Average member

You know, that makes sense :thumbsup: . Also, the handles on the rep weigh less so I could see the play on the 3.0 increasing a tad faster than the rep's.

17. Dyngus

Dyngus JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The play is faster

In other news, the tang pin construction does equal a more play ridden bali, as I have an alpha beast 1.0 with a bit if play and an old bm62 with perfect play. I wonder how much extra a zen pin alpha would cost :madaddy:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  18. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Just slap some ti on a replicant

19. Dyngus

Dyngus JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've had my fingers crossed that flytanium does a little something for the rep someday

And yes I know it would be heavy, but badass nonetheless

20. JAKMAN32

JAKMAN32 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Hats off to the BRS team

I did not want to start a new thread and this seemed like a logical place to put this.

So about 2 months ago i sent BRS a AB 1.0 for some servicing. It had been beaten to hell and back, Blunted tip, Dinged up handles, but worst of all i had lapped the phos/bronze bushings from over tightening it, and they were stuck in the blade :cry:. Not quite sure how i managed to do that to the bushings but it was in pretty poor shape to say the least.

Yesterday i had a nice lil ups package sitting on my front porch and i was very pleased to find what was inside. now the guys over at BRS did an amazing thing, i opened the box to find an ab 1.0 but it wasnt my beat to piss ab no it was a brand spanking new ab 1.0. they replaced the whole knife (guess those bushings were in worse shape than i had thought). now that is awesome thing todo BRS thank you guys so much!!! BEST DAMN PRODUCT SUPPORT PERIOD :thumbsup: