1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Beast SitRep

Looseyfur Feb 5, 2012

1. Rawk

Rawk Little member

Got my package in from BladeHQ this afternoon and find out that Mr. T is a flipper!

This is my first BRS knife (I'm still a lowly smurf). Man does this thing feel SOLID! It feels Undestructible. I'm sure it will do more damage to me than anything I could ever do to it. AB3.0MrT.jpg

AB3.0.jpg

2. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Bah mine is scheduled for tomorrow , can't freakin wait :cry:

3. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Handle play and marks?

Now that I had it at home for the night and started looking over it, I'm noticing a few things.

Those of you that have yours already, I have a question. How much handle play are you seeing on yours? I was expecting it to be like my v1 and have prettymuch none but there is a little. It almost feels kind of loose but it's not?

There are also some marks on it that I'm not sure about. One of the cutouts on the handles where the spacer screws go also looks like it was milled out kind of wonky? Anyone else seeing anything like that with theirs?

I wanted to post this with the photos but I don't have the knife on me atm and I wanted to see if I would get any replies overnight. :cry:

I'll get some pics up asap!

4. Slightly Sane

Slightly Sane Average member

Mine doesn't appear to have any visual flaws. I know what you mean about the handle play though. It came with a tad of play, nothing too much, unlike my rep which took a long time to develop any. Gotta say though, this knife exceeded my expectations.

5. zuggzugg

Ya, I found it odd. Both my reps have no play as well as my v1 ab as I mentioned. Feels good but almost as if its the early stages of needing to be tightened, but the bolts are super tight already?

6. Slightly Sane

Slightly Sane Average member

Yep, interesting considering it has bigger hardware.

7. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

mine has a little play but barelly any at all. my AB2.0 has a lot more play but is broken in. i expect the ab3.0 will get some play over time.

don't compare it to the rep. any bali with zen pins will have less play. zen pins help keep the sandwich together and tight up toward the pivots, resulting in less handle play. the ab is tang pin style so naturally it will have more play.

does that make sense as to why zen pin'd balis seem to have less play?
    its not a theory its something i noticed about any bali i've owned with zen pins compared to tang pins.

as far as machining and qc my ab3.0 is spotlesssssss

8. Stranger

Stranger JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

AB 3.0 Presentation

Here is a photo journey of an AB 3.0 opening.:devilcorn:
    Good presentation for the AB 3.0! :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice all wrapped up in tissue paper!:madaddy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:ross::devilwag::ross:

9. Mike Powley

Mike Powley Little member

i know how mad people will be when i suggest this but.....maybe a tad bit of a price hike so that we can take advantage of bladehq's payment plan? I didn't have enough money for one this time around and i tried to use their payment plan but it wasn't eligible for it :(. Now I'm going to have to wait until I've got the full purchase price in my wallet.

10. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hello Mike-

yeah no, the MSRP is a very well though out price point and pushing it to 400 while the monetary benefit is obvious its not the target price point we worked very hard to accomplish. If the price were to rise on the product it would do so organically and based on actual updated build costs.

I have mentioned to the ownership of BHQ that they might want to investigate that program for this product, and I dont know if its possible to just put 30 dollars more worth of stuff in your cart and meet the 400 dollar assignment for the payment program ??

11. zuggzugg

Pics of the marks

Here are the pics I was mentioning before.

The milling looks kind skewed on the right side there as well as whatever that little mark/scratch is on the right?
    [​IMG]

Scratches/Grind marks on the handle and top area?
    [​IMG]

I'm prob being anal about this one but since I was already taking pics of the other parts, figured I'd put this one up too. There are some funky lines on the blade. Hard to see in the pic but they are there.
    [​IMG]

I didn't get one of the handle play but that is still kind of odd to me? My prodigy has 0 play and that thing has been flipped hard.

Any thoughts? I hate to complain about it all but I feel like I want to be the one to put the marks on the knife through my own use. Not when it's brand new.

What say you guys?

12. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

What size are the pivots/pivot screws? are they 3/16 and 6-32?

13. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

Mine is out for delivery but I'll def be checking it out to see if I see some of the issues you noted. Doesn't look like anything that's really a big deal but I def sympathize with wanting your new almost $400 knife to come without flaws new in the box. I know BRS has an excellent reputation for quality and customer service. I obviously can't speak for them but perhaps if you were to reach out they might could give you a discount on an Ano job or something to make up for the finish flaws you found? Perhaps I should'nt speculate like that though... Anyway I'll update when I get mine in my hands.

14. zuggzugg

That's what I'm feeling. Looseyfur, what do you think, good sir? I do plan to flip it pretty hard but I just want to scar it on my own terms.

15. knifezoid

knifezoid Bladerunners Systems -=BRS=- Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hey Zugsy,

Send us an e-mail to info@bladerunnerssystems.com for customer service related issues as they might get overlooked or buried in a
    forum. We'll respond ASAP.

16. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I think what I always thing Zug.

We are here for you and will always try to accomplish what our customers want within the bounds of reason.

If your endgame is to flip it hard what I see on your product is not something I would personally send it back around for, that however doesnt excuse the errant scratch or odd machining mark here or there, just that they happen, and that if you find it to be something you want addressed we will work with you.

keep em flippin-
    Loosey

17. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

This is the type of customer service that other manufacturers should strive for! Makes me feel good about spending my hard earned money on BRS products. Much props to you BRS guys for making awesome products AND standing behind them 100%!

18. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The beast has arrived :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

19. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Just received mine yesterday, and I gotta say, its quite the amazing knife. The hype is well deserved. You guys at BRS are artists

Mine did have some very minuscule snail trails near the spacer screws like zug's, but its not something that'll bug me. I plan on putting a whole lot more on it.

By the way, do these come pre loctited? I had heard the replicants did, so I'm curious if these followed suit

20. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Mine was not loctited.