1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Beast SitRep

Looseyfur Feb 5, 2012

1. chintofong

chintofong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The regular AB or the LE AB?

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Pretty sure the regulars were due before the LE.

Can't remember if some of the regular will be ano'd or if some of the LE will be ano'd or both.

3. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I just hope that both versions are the same the entire time, aside from the extra bells and whistles that the LEs will have.

4. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Regular my friend.

honestly I know folks have been waiting for the return of the AB, and of course for the numbered limited run with the alt blade shape and clip.

BHQ keeps a "wishlist" and for the regular AB the list is pretty substantial. So we are working on both projects and will have the limited one to follow. Because the alternate bladeshape requires new tooling to be built, its being addressed while we take the existing bladeshape through the production process.

Also the call for standard replicants is pretty large so we hope to move some of those into play soon (and yes they will have softer edges like the most recent premiums have).

we have a lot of stuff going on with regards to special projects, we hope to revisit working with Matt Cook, and there are a few makers and modders who have expressed interest in getting some Mutants rolling too.

One of our goals was to work to establish a "custom shop" that could generate sprint run and small batch projects we would like to bring to market... and Im pleased to say we are getting closer to having those elements in place. :madaddy: So in conjunction to our standard line, we will work to generate some sprint run and small batch knives for those interested in those types of pieces.

we are growing and what was once pure fantasy with regard to volume, and also special projects, is moving at a steady pace towards reality.

I am really excited to see our continued growth, in both the scope and direction with our products and projects, and hope you guys are as well.

remember, we are you guys we just happened to fall into the role of making stuff but at our core, we are just Devils and knife and gear nuts like the rest of you. We know how we like to be treated, so we treat you the same. We know what we like, and hope its what you like. We love what me make and make what we love, and your feedback and support will always be INDISPENSABLE. Bring your level best and fuck anyone who doesnt afford you the same.

best-
    Loosey

5. J Ray

J Ray Formerly Morpho JDBA Official Member

Now I'm pumped! I was gonna green you but I gotta spread it, but thanks for the info Loosey :thumbsup:. It's great to hear you guys are doing so much, I can't wait to see the alt blade and L.E.'s

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  6. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

really looking forward to the alt blade shape ab.:thumbsup: and the other stuff too

7. MostHaggard

MostHaggard JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thanks for the info Loosey! BRS is truely a one of a kind company. Their commitment to their fans and friends is second to none. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys! :thumbsup:

8. kuskert

kuskert Huge member

Brs is amazing! I sent my alpha beast in for some warranty work and they upgraded it to the 3.0 hardware! They said they're already done with it!

9. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Interesting:devilwag:

10. Papercuts

Papercuts JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's awesome. I'd pay to have that done.

11. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

was just thinking the same thing:bwah:

12. apdallaround

twat happened that it required warranty work?

13. kuskert

kuskert Huge member

I got it from someone on here and they failed to tell me that they stripped the crap out of the pivot screws. It was a 1.0 alpha. The handle play was enormous because I couldn't adjust it. The latch literally was going past the safe handle.

14. kuskert

kuskert Huge member

Dang. I just got an email back from them stating that I am getting the 2.0 hardware. Their last email was a little misleading so I thought they meant that they put 3.0 hardqare in it because I asked them about if they put the 2.0 hardware and they thought I was asking the difference between 2.0 and 3.0 hardware.

15. kuskert

kuskert Huge member

Any updates on the alpha beasts yet? No specific dates yet?

16. L3b4

L3b4 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

According to BRS IG, they're due mid May.

17. renly25

renly25 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Man I hope ur lying , I heard it was at the end of this month

if there is some kind of delay........ crown the spine, crown the spine, crown the spine.. lol :bwah:

18. apdallaround

someone should make a real bling mutant ab. diamond inlaid spine, high polish handles with gold inlays. real intricate engraving work like antique british shotgun style engraving. ridiculous pricetag because someone will buy it garunteed.:devilzeek

19. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The William Henry Mutant alpha beast?

apdallaround likes this.
  20. apdallaround

you my friend are spot on