1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

alone and having a heart attack

begreen61 Nov 2, 2017

1. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

A family member sent this to me on what to do if alone having a heart attack ,,this is NOT good information and felt it needed to be shared ,,may you never need to do this:

up date ,,don't try this read post two Please and read this:
    https://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/coughcpr.asp

1. Let’s say it’s 7.25pm and you’re going home (alone of course) after an unusually hard day on the job.
    2. You’re really tired, upset and frustrated.
    3 Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to drag out into your arm and up in to your jaw. You are only about five km from the hospital nearest your home.
    4. Unfortunately you don’t know if you’ll be able to make it that far.
    5. You have been trained in CPR, but the guy who taught the course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself.
    6. HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE? Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness.
    7. However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again.
    8. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, heart attack victims can get to a hospital.
    9. Tell as many other people as possible about this. It could save their lives!!
    10. A cardiologist says If everyone who gets this mail kindly sends it to 10 people, you can bet that we’ll save at least one life.
    11. Rather than sending jokes, please... contribute by forwarding this mail which can save a person’s life.
    12. If this message comes around you... more than once… please don’t get irritated... You should instead, be happy that you have many friends who care about you & keeps reminding you how to deal with a Heart attack

Nothing but Respect
    Gary

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  2. Berkley

Berkley Ancient Life Form Brigade Member

While this forwarded message is undoubtedly well-intentioned, it appears that it can actually be dangerous in the majority of cases.
    Unless the person is sophisticated enough to differentiate between a heart attack and a cardiac arrest, this could actually make the situation much worse. The best advice in the situation presented is to pull over and use your cell phone to call 9-1-1, chew and swallow an aspirin, and get professional help ASAP
    American Heart Association: Cough CPR

Cleveland Clinic: Can You Cough Away a Heart attack?

Hoax Slayer: How to Survive a Heart Attack When Alone Hoax

SNOPES.com: Cough CPR

Heart Sisters: Disregard that internet chain letter about "Cough CPR”

Mr.LaBella, Kelper, begreen61 and 2 others like this.
  3. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Then bend over and kiss yr ass goodbye

desmodus and begreen61 like this.
  4. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

This:

5. Berkley

Berkley Ancient Life Form Brigade Member

A dear friend, younger than I, was driving alone on the interstate several years ago when he had his second heart attack.
    By some miracle, his vehicle veered into the grassy median and came to rest without hitting another car or anything else.
    By another miracle, a registered nurse, who was in a car a few lengths behind his, stopped and immediately began to administer CPR.
    There were no more miracles. He didn’t make it.

“Enjoy every sandwich.” - Warren Zevon

Kelper, desmodus and begreen61 like this.
  6. begreen61

Thanks I'll send this information back to my family members .

Kelper likes this.
  7. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

heart or stroke out is likley in my book . most people dont get to my age after abusing there bodies for yearas

ded i likes this.
  8. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Chewing up 4 baby Aspirins (81mg) or a single 325mg regular Aspirin after calling 911 and awaiting for the ALS
    ambulance to arrive is probably the best thing you could do for yourself if suffering Chest Pain. Especially is it's accompanied by shortness of breath and diaphoresis (profuse sweating). It's been proven that it really does increase your chances of survival by saving heart muscle.

And that's Aspirin. Not Advil, not Aleve, not Tylenol...

Kelper, ded i and begreen61 like this.
  9. ded i

My first husband had chest pain at work, was taken to a hospital where they said there was nothing wrong. When we got home he had another 'incident' I called 911, gave him CPR with 911 still on the phone until the ambulance arrived 4 minutes later. He died. He was 43 years old.

When it is time to go, you go.

It is very difficult to give CPR to someone you love.

hickory, desmodus, Berkley and 2 others like this.
  10. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Probably even harder than giving CPR to someone you hate. There's a lot more riding on the CPR for someone you love. Sorry that you had to experience that.

Berkley, Kelper and ded i like this.
  11. ded i

Tnx crogers. 25 years have passed. It gave me a perspective on life: Live without worry, enjoy today, hug today, tell people what you think, you may not get another chance. We never know when things will change. Also, love never dies.

12. begreen61

Reading this ,my heart breaks for you ,my empathy runs deep . but your right ,when's it's time it's time .

Nothing but Respect
    Gary

ded i, Berkley and Kelper like this.
  13. begreen61

You my lady are very inspiring to me , These words I try to live by .Thanks for sharing .

ded i, Kelper and Berkley like this.
  14. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

So do we scrap the misinformation part......Or?????

Kelper likes this.
  15. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Kelper likes this.
  16. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

I say leave it up because the misinformation part has been making the rounds of late. I wondered, when I first saw it elsewhere, if it were true but did not do the legwork to find out.

ded i and Kelper like this.
  17. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

My heart goes out to you dedi. I totally agree with you, love never dies.

ded i, begreen61 and Manuelp like this.
  18. begreen61

No ,,the information I received , needs to stay,, to know if they receive the chain letter they will recognize it ,and know what to do which is read post 2 Berkley post,which i did make clear as soon as I was told by Berkley and is in my post, this treatment does work but only under a Dr. care,, and during certain conditions ,, and to self diagnose one self can be fatal .Plus I have edited my first post to let members know this is a dangerous move,, and let my family know it is false information .

Nothing but Respect
    Gary

Berkley and Kelper like this.
  19. hickory

hickory JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I love you. Thanks for sharing.

Kelper, ded i and begreen61 like this.
  20. begreen61

I love you to man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:thumbup:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like a brother

Kelper and ded i like this.