1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alien Project

HonorHer Aug 28, 2017

1. HonorHer

HonorHer Custom Knife Builder JDBA Official Member

finally got em ready to send out for heat treat

Attached Files:

Harvey and VANELLI like this.
  2. HonorHer

Heat treat and surface grinding finished! Here comes the fun part !!! And yes there's a few 40 reblades in the mix. thanks so much Mr. Guinn for your part in this!

Attached Files:

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  3. Mickeymouse

Mickeymouse Little Member

Very excited with the Alien

HonorHer likes this.
  4. BingSoi

BingSoi JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's getting harder these days to come up with original blade designs, good job keeping it fresh. looking forward to the handles :ssmile:

5. HonorHer

with every one trying thier hardest to do the wicked complex compund grinds these days i actually want to keep it simple and go back a notch these while a different proflie than normal will have a standard grind kinda like a bowie. it gives us that hybrid of recurve and japanese tanto feel with the american bowie thrown in :D i basically took all my favorite styles and designed a blade that incorperated them all while keeping it basic as well :D

Mickeymouse likes this.
  6. HonorHer

update: getting some handles shaped and had to change from bearings to bushings its slow as fuck going but its moving
    alien.jpg

7. HonorHer

talk about a lack of updates lol god i suck at this but i finally have a fully functioning prototype! god damn it feels nice to finally hold one!

Attached Files:

8. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

9. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Have these been called for all ready? Any room perhaps :ceilingcat:

begreen61 likes this.
  10. begreen61

Better yet ,,Taking orders??????????

buddy likes this.
  11. HonorHer

sorry guys im not taking orders just selling them as i produce them :/ but some one has in fact already snaked this first one

12. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Where you selling them?

begreen61 likes this.
  13. begreen61

................and whats the price tag for future reference

14. HonorHer

this first proto sold for 500 and most likely facebook is where they will go up first

15. HonorHer

16. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

jordantabat5 likes this.
  17. rhsu123

rhsu123 Little member

Great stuff, been following your work on Instagram and you always produce interesting designs.

Interesting that it runs with CF spacers, I've never had any experience with non-metal spacers: any else ever try something like that? Is the balance much more neutral as a result?

18. HonorHer

ive never seen any one else use composite as spacers but that doesnt necessarily mean no one has... but seeing as the blade is hollow ground i used the CF to counter act the extra weight out of the blade the first prototype was a still a tiny bit handle bias however ive changed the handle design to enlarge the holes and thin the ti slabs down try to counter act this i used too thick of titanium on the first one casue it was extar bit i had from another project and i had originally thought it would be the perfect thickness lol i was wrong but yes im trying to aim more neutral rather than blade or handle bias. the first prototype was 5.4 oz btw in case you were curious

19. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

Lookin' good Ryan :thumbsup:

Marlowe used CF for years on his bali's. He just recently switched back to Ti.
    Several others have used it too. Good way to knock some weight off.

20. HonorHer

did not know that lol appreciate the info! youre gonna have to send me pictures now though you know that right? lol

thegoodedge likes this.