1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alien Balisong

HonorHer Feb 3, 2018

1. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

We are the coolest! Just not the nicest sometimes but that is how it goes. It is all in good fun!
    And.....Insta sucks except in Quake 3.

2. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

You assume the entire JD community isn't cool because of one comment from a guy (who is also a long time community member)? HH didn't take offense to it and neither should you. Thick skin serves everybody well when you're flipping knives.

BRS Dirty Dozen and HOM/Balibalistic Arashi both had a sign up list on here. Plus many more makers used this platform to launch their knives before the whole Insta/Twit/etc. thing.

***That didn't take long at all

3. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Holy crap, I think that is how I got mine and I totally forgot I had one! Thank you Anthony! I owe you a beer or a sake or something. The Arashi is a fucking amazing knife.

On to the topic of newer internets platforms. I work in cutting edge tech (not trying to brag in anyway but it is how I make a living and support my family). Have been most of my career.

And from what I have seen on Instagram, Twitter and the like I am not impressed. These are for people with little intelligence and short attention spans. I know I am generalizing and expect to get hit for saying that.

One of my gurus in the computer/tech world way back told me that he thought that for the most part people that did not know how to put a computer together should really not be using one. Now that does seem a bit extreme but now we have millions of people that don't even know how to tie their own shoes in their 20s and 30s because Mommy gave them Velcro strap Jordan's to make life easier flooding the internets.

So you have dumbed down platforms and dumbed down buyers getting suckered for 1k - 2k for knives that are worth $500 tops. And the suckers line up for the drops like pigs to slaughter. Literally refreshing their browsers every five seconds. It is quite funny to me. FUCK THAT SHIT!

I thank GOD right here and now, here on the Mighty JD, that I truly have pretty much every knife I ever wanted with the exception of a certain Marlow I saw once with dark red handles inlays (well pretty much any Marlowe, I have none) an original Tachyon and an Archangel. I used to want a Balibalistic but I don't care anymore. I used to want a Dobruski but it is too much damn trouble and money.

Oh wait I forgot one other knife I saw a long time ago. It was really pretty and I think it might have been made by a female craftsperson (is that a word?) and had a green bible in the picture that I saw if I remember correctly. I would like that one as well.

But I digress.

What I am trying to say is I thank GOD that I did pretty much all of my collecting already and I am happy to not participate in low intelligence cattle herding in order to get an over priced product.

For the newer collector I still would suggest visiting forums like this one, but also trusted Facebook pages where old members from HERE are active. And take your time.... Don't let these guys gouge you or make you stress about drops.
    The right knife will come to you easy and it will be a good deal too. Trust me I know. Fuck it if you miss a drop. Who fucking cares man>?

When you take your time and get that good price the purchase is so much better than when you stressed on a drop and shelled out too much cash and you get the thing and are like "Is that all there is?"

Sadly what I think has been lost over recent years are places to find those once in a lifetime deals. Gunbroker used to be that kind of place but no more. But still if you take your time and be patient you will strike gold.

Just one of many stories but I remember when I bought a 42AS off of @silkworm for $165. Those were the days. Then you NOT BOOMERS came along and fucked everything up just like your boy Brandon. Cuz itz internetz yo! holla back atz my profile bluntz smoke OG! Takasji 69 fa LiFE DAwg., Shotty a pUnk bitch! my girl pregunt wit my grandbaby wtf?

Hope that helps./

And yeah I prolly will never own one of his knives either. And that is OK with me.

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  4. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Wow, thanks brother, well said. Am a retired programmer of 37 years. OMT, don't give up on getting a Dobie, well worth the "damn trouble and money".

5. HonorHer

HonorHer Custom Knife Builder JDBA Official Member

only thing that annoyed me was the "rookie knives" comment and i just ignored that guy lol im well aware not everyone has insta/twitter/fb/etc and a lot of the older crowd is still here on the JD and other forums. ill be dead honest im one dude making these things by hand without computer assistance or water jet or the like its all done in house. the reason im insta only isnt to limit people its cause i cant keep up with work or customers posting more than one place about it XD. ive spoke to spooky in the past about my knives and how to get one he wasnt torn outta shape by my methods and im sure sooner or later ill be able to work around a way to get him one if he really wants one.

6. AnthonyTheAbyss

Hahahahah c'mon man. You've been insulted much worse and been in a lot worse verbal altercations. Whether you're a "rookie" knifemaker or not the work speaks for itself.

***Keep posting, add a latch, get thicker skin

7. HonorHer

hey now i said it annoyed me lol not that it effected me XD i know ive had much worse XD
    ***no latches ;)

8. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

I want a magnetic latch that can spark fires, open bottles and pry damaged car doors off their hinges or no deal!!!

But seriously whatever works for the makers and the buyers is all good in my book. We all have our own resources and methods of making things work in our lives. I am way past getting bummed over missing a drop of anything pretty much at this point. Life experience I guess.

Wait a minute, what were we talking about originally? Sorry if I derailed this thread about some seriously cool knives my friends. I do apologize. Thanks for humoring me.

Raevynheart and seandavid55 like this.
  9. HonorHer

lmfao most of my threads turn into derailments hahaha youre fine XD as for the magnetic, fire starting, bottle opening, prybar latch with a spring loaded contraption to shoot out your ass ... i cant help you there lmfao

Raevynheart likes this.
  10. D14NeSS

D14NeSS Average Member

Your wrong, you dont know how HH took it. You don't talk to him so your assuming how he took it.

You found 2 releases that were on jd in 2009 and 2015ish. I Obviously ment recently?

And I didn't mean everyone here isn't cool anymore. Ment it has it use to be a place where every single person here is cool with no exceptions. Now most are still cool with a few outliers(my opinion)

I get the thick skin thing and I agree with you. But when it's a guys product who makes part of his living off of it and a jd member is talking shit saying there bad just cause he can't get it on here isn't about thick skin. That can affect HH making money. If he tried it and called it a rookie knife, I wouldn't care that's his opinion. Or just didn't like hh, I wouldn't care that's his opinion. What I do care about is when people say things that could affect his wallet just cause he can't get it on here.

You are agree with the "old member" who calls hh's knives rookie knives that he didn't even try and may affect the makers buisness just cause he didn't release it on jd? Yes or no?

So not trying to argue I like HH i want furure customers to have the right idea about him. Just saying this is what I ment behind everything I said.

11. AnthonyTheAbyss

No, you're wrong! I know how he takes it cause I give it to him nightly!

I'm going to assume you're somebody who is his friend/girlfriend/wife/relative/etc. That justifies your adamant defense of him. If not, then it's kinda creepy.

***Please please be the former

12. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Are you kidding me?

13. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Shill.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  14. D14NeSS

D14NeSS Average Member

I wasn't calling you names?... but okay... I said at the end I wasn't trying to argue I was proving my point. You give it to him nightly? And I'm his former this or that? Are you okay pal? I'm all done with thus. I don't do the online tough guy thing. I'm wrong your right. His knives are shit cause he doesn't release the on jd. And blah blah.

15. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Well at least you're man enough to admit it.

16. AnthonyTheAbyss

All joking aside, I think you really need to interpret written things better. You completely misread my comment. Plus, you seem to miss the point of what is meant to be humor vs fact (but I'll take the blame on that since it might be my delivery)...we can't all be as funny as Bill Cosby.

In the end we both agree...you're wrong and I'm right. No need to do the tough guy thing when you can make another man verbally submit.

I hope this won't be the last we hear from you cause I actually did enjoy this little tit-for-tat. A bit of spice on the forum keeps things interesting.

***Now relax, count to 10 (if your Kentucky education taught you to count that high LOL)

17. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

that`s when the JDBA was alive,,,nowdays all you hear in here is crickets...:cry:

Shawnjohn999999 and Pinoy Knife like this.
  18. AnthonyTheAbyss

I can pinpoint when things changed and people started jumping ship...you know you miss him HAHAHA

q179skbfvy181.jpg

***We should make a bet...who's gonna last on here longer

Shawnjohn999999 and crogers like this.
  19. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Timmay hasn't been on here since March 1, 2016. We needz to plan a party! :lolparty:

It's hard to believe we've been almost 6 years retart free! :bwah:

20. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

I think things started to start slowing down after the upgrade to the BB software or whatever it was. Since then it has been red and black and not as pleasant to browse as it once was. I can't see why after all this time there isn't a choice.

Here is what it used to look like here. Much easier on the eyes.

[​IMG]

Hope the image works, haven't posted one for awhile.
    [​IMG]

sawjaws, Linos and Shawnjohn999999 like this.