1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alien Balisong

HonorHer Feb 3, 2018

1. HonorHer

HonorHer Custom Knife Builder JDBA Official Member

ok so this is the finalized design after the prototypes and this is where i will continue to update with new ones i do. BTW ... the one pictures is a little beat up cause its my personal one and ive been flipping it for the past 2 weeks regularly lol

IMG_5346.JPG IMG_5365.JPG IMG_5367.JPG

Final Specs:
    D2 blade steel
    Bushing system pivots
    Titanium Handles
    Carbon fiber spacers
    Blade length overall: 5" (tang to tip)
    Cutting edge: 4.125"
    handle length: 5.3125"
    closed length: 5.5625"
    open length: 9.625"
    Weight: 4.6oz

From the prototypes there was two styles of grinds the final product will have the lum style grind on the Alien tanto profile. There will be 13 done in this blade profile for this first run and then another 13 will be done in a secondary bade profile. ive had alot of folks ask me if that means im retiring this blade style after this run. NO this is not the case im simply doing a second blade profile for a bit after these.

2. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Little member JDBA Official Member

Omg Stitch, Its s4smitty hope your having a great weekend buddy. I tell you that your balisong os Sick and soooooo AWESOME!!!! I must own one. You did a killer job. Wow how much and when can i get one!!!!

HonorHer likes this.
  3. junglegoober

junglegoober Professor Bigdick JDBA Official Member

These are looking fantastic

HonorHer likes this.
  4. thatsagoodcut

thatsagoodcut Little Member

It looks much better with the cut tang areas. I'm not normally a fan of D2 but your blade shape helps mitigate any chipped tip concerns I would normally have. I'll definitely be trying to get one when you do your drop. I definitely want one. Your flipping video you posted was great as well.

HonorHer likes this.
  5. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looks great, man.

HonorHer likes this.
  6. HonorHer

the base models will be 650 the damascus bladed ones will be 850 and thanks lol im glad you like her ^_^

D2 is actually a really strong Stainless steel, i think the biggest issue people have with it comes from production companies mass producing knives with D2 and because mass production means going with the lowest bidder, its caused people to get a bad taste for that cheap shit quality. in the end my choice of D2 was edge retention it was much later i found out it was technically a Stainless steel

7. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Prototype #3
    [​IMG]
    IMG_20180122_135014944-1536x864.jpg

WSMaga, FISHKNIFE, Thanos74 and 7 others like this.
  8. gus_flips

gus_flips Tiny Member

Amazing work Ryan! Good luck.

HonorHer likes this.
  9. Xerxes

Xerxes Little Member

Looks like a mean cutter, hope no one forgets to pass after catching that bite handle or you'll be in for a fun trip to the hospital.

WSMaga and HonorHer like this.
  10. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

dude goes by 'stitchedsteel' on instagram.

i told him that's because his steel gives you stitches...

Thanos74 likes this.
  11. Xerxes

Xerxes Little Member

You're not wrong lol

desmodus likes this.
  12. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

very nice, looks amazing

13. desmodus

'tis

14. desmodus

IMG_20180311_131432977-960x540.jpg

Rio, begreen61, HonorHer and 4 others like this.
  15. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

That is a wicked looking bali. I love it. And appears to be quite sharp lol.

desmodus likes this.
  16. desmodus

very likely my sharpest.

17. HonorHer

desmodus likes this.
  18. desmodus

yaya

Didn't you see it on the handles?

begreen61, AJD1 and HonorHer like this.
  19. HonorHer

ok so i did some changes to my experimental alien today mostly structural... however during this process i got a good look at her together completely silver ... shes raw but still silver ... so im curious for the folks who are following this and interested in the balisongs i make which would YOU prefer to see? a brushed finish alien or the black ti version that ive already exhibited?

Thanos74 and seandavid55 like this.
  20. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Tough question really. Variety is the spice of life!