1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Alex Steingraber and SPK knives

MTSlate Apr 4, 2021

1. MTSlate

MTSlate Tiny Member

Alex Steingraber was a guy that started a regrinding business with the encouragement of a friend that was a knife guy. Alex at the time had little interest in knives. He's actually an entrepreneur that recognized 3 trends. Those trends are, thin edge geometry, edc fixed blades and exotic steels for blades. I think he's gotten a lot of inspiration from Spyderco. Spyderco uses several different super steels on their sprint runs which keeps knife collectors on their toes to be sure and grab a newly released sprint run before they're gone. SPK is seemingly doing the same with the release of the few knives they're able to produce.
    The SPK Shark in cruwear with a leaf like blade was a success. They sell for up to double the original price on the aftermarket. SPK is now saying they have a surprise steel choice for the next run of Sharks.

These look like great knives with most of what's in demand now. I myself am on the list for the newest Shark.

Just my thoughts,

What are your thoughts concerning edge geometry and the uses for a thin slicey blade compared to a more robust blade?
    MT