1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Ronlad Oct 2, 2013

1. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

Anyone watching this on ABC?

2. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

i am and im liking it

3. droid

droid This IS the droid you are looking for! Brigade Member

I watched it only because I read "Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos" when I was younger.

Kinda lost interest when it turned into SHIELD vs. HYDRA.

What really irritates me is Samuel L. Jackson as (I'm guessing) Nick Fury Jr.
    I mean, REALLY???? Nick (Jr. OR Senior) was one macho BADASS. Jackson with an eye patch just doesn't cut it... He's way too thin and just doesn't have the weathered looks. For the record, I didn't like Hasselhoff either. :devilroll:

[​IMG]

^ Nick Fury, agent of SHIELD

[​IMG]

^Nick Fury Jr., AKA Marcus Johnson

BUT... I'll continue to record it and see how it pans out. At this point in time I don't really have much of an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  4. Str8ShooterEsq

Str8ShooterEsq Wartime Consigliere Brigade Member

I've been watching it and enjoying it.

5. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

I like it!:chuck: :thumbsup:

6. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

First episode had promise, the second episode took a great steaming dump on that promise. Cliche after cliche, I had to watch it on fast forward.

Don't know if I'll bother with the third episode.

7. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

That Skye (sky?) chic is a hottie and the Asian woman kicks all sorts of ass!

8. rudechuck

rudechuck Worst Blood Brigade Member

I enjoyed the first 40 minutes of the 1st episode, but not so much the ending.

The 2nd episode was pretty awful.

I was, however, still looking forward to the 3rd episode, but it somehow got deleted from my recordings :cry:. Was it any good?

9. bubba-san

bubba-san Katanakaji Knife Maker or Craftsman

It sucked ... the series is nothing like the comic book characters I read about as a kid ......I guess I am too much of a realist..... Bubba

10. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

3rd episode was balls to. Deleted from my watch list.

11. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Seems more comedy than action......I'll watch it if the remotes out of reach.

12. Alabama

Alabama Average member

+1000 for lovin' Sargent Fury & His Howling Commandos. If Marvel was going to give them cameos in the CAPTAIN AMERICA flick I wish they'd not omitted Fury, but then that becomes a different flick entirely (& one I'd love to see done right, as a straight good guys-versus-Nazis story without scifi or PC distractions).

Samuel Jackson has done some decent roles as long as he's part of a strong ensemble but anyone else could have done those roles just as well because the scripts and characters excelled. Jackson himself is a boring one-trick cliche pony. Yeah, he affects this stereotype tough-guy drawl, check, got it, next.

SHIELD vs HYDRA I agree is booooring. GIJOES versus COBRA. Yawn.

13. rudechuck

So I watched the episode I missed and the one from last week. I think I quit.

14. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

thanks, for the reminder,
    will down load it 1x time to see for my self
    so far not really strong, but entertaining

15. rudechuck

So I watched last night's episode for lack of anything better to do and it was .... better, just a tad? I'll give it one more week.

16. firebolt

+1

was entertaining :devilcorn:

17. rudechuck

It looks like last week was a repeat of the pilot, so I didn't miss anything. I watched the episode last night because there wasn't anything else on I was interested in. It was, again, a little better. I'm gonna keep watching ... for now.

18. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

I keep watching, but I don't think it is getting any better. WTF happened to Hero's? They should have did a Sylar spinoff where he just fuck's shit up.

19. firebolt

after so.4 there was really little more story line left in my opinion,
    and the last few episodes where already, just delaying the obvious
    but that's just me

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
  20. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

ok, Hero's was a little annoying with the whole time travel season with Hiro being stuck in ancient Japan or whatever he was doing there, but I think they could have done a spin off show with a select few characters.

AOS seems like more drama than action/adventure if you ask me. I never read the comics, so I don't know if this is how it was intended.