1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

After I've gotten rid of a ton of knives, I still want a Mayhem

silenthunterstudios Jun 1, 2013

1. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios The Jello Gigolo

I still want a Bradley Mayhem. With all of the knives I've been trading for slipjoints, I still want a Bradley Mayhem. Has Benchmade started on any similar designs?

I am content for a while, my Benchmade 53 is in my pocket right now.

[​IMG]

2. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Other than the BM 53, Benchmade does not have any other similar designs in their balisong lineup.

That being said, the Bradley Mayhem is in fact made by Benchmade for Bradley Cutlery.

I personally think it's an excellent balisong for EDC carry and use. I would love to pick up another one myself, but I'm not sure if they're being discontinued along with the Kimura line. It wasn't officially announced or anything, but I'm finding it harder and harder to find them in stock at most knife dealers.

3. towel28

towel28 Level: True Devil

I always thought the Bradley was cool looking with the solid ti sandwich handles, Uniform size all the way down and no skeletonization just slabs milled out for weight. Its a real clean look, also the zen pins clean things up even more

4. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios The Jello Gigolo

The Mayhems were made by BM, and the Kimuras were made by KAI? It would have been nice to see this knife made under the Benchmade banner, but at least they made it.

5. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Yes, that is correct.

Benchmade made the Mayhem and the Alias I/II (Ti framelocks) for Bradley.
    KAI aka Kershaw Knives made the Kimura lineup for Bradley.
    Protech made the Underboss (automatic) for Bradley.

I personally don't mind that it was under the Bradley brand. In fact, I kinda enjoy it. Bradley is all about making high value, high quality knives at affordable price points. Their product lines reflect this philosophy. In fact, if Benchmade placed it under their brand name, it might have been more expensive. A few years back, around 2007-2008, Benchmade made the controversial decision to get rid of all distributors and decided to sell only to Authorized Dealers only. This killed off some of the knife dealers and sellers who didn't want to abide by Benchmade's pricing policy. Not only that, but Benchmade also required all of their Authorized Dealers to only display Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) on their websites so that their dealers with only brick and mortar stores wouldn't suffer from all the internet sales. (Which is why you now have to get around that with coupons and site account memberships and other deals). There was also a slight price increase across all of their product line. Seeing this, the Mayhem could have been more expensive than what people are paying them for.