1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Afghanistan Fire Sale! everything must GO!

Worker Sep 5, 2021

1. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

HotrodKelley, xeodguy, Samb and 3 others like this.
  2. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Vietnam all over again! The real tragedy is all those killed, maimed, amd PTSD'ed for the politicians misguided policies.

Pinoy Knife and chutcher like this.
  3. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I have a bad feeling this ain't over and it is going to turn out a lot worse than Vietnam.

seandavid55, begreen61 and snache like this.
  4. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

it is and will get worst ,, The plan is to make us a 3rd world nation and have it UN controlled ,,

5. Pinoy Knife

Pinoy Knife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

so to quote "Ted Nuggent " here
    we "Americans" have to jump through hoops to buy hunting guns, get the big government involved etc ,but we just "Walk Away" from MILLIONS of dollars of military only guns/ammo/bombs..... giving them all to our enemy to use against us or anyone else they choose !!!
    could we have not blown them up or something ???
    then we leave troops and dogs behind ??? this "War" has been going on for 20 years... a few more days would not have meant shit..

6. snache

Theoretically we were leaving military hardware so the Afghan Army could continue the fight, again just like Vietnam. And like Vietnam it collapsed as we were leaving. Our military knew the Afghan Army was a joke, it bolstered and did the heavy lifting for it. The politicians didn't want to hear it obviously. A few more days wouldn't help with the governments incompetency, should let the military conduct it, but that's not gonna happen. Just another political clusterfuck that the military has to clean up as best they can.

Pinoy Knife, Samb and chutcher like this.
  7. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

Those fucks have been slaughtering themselves off for ever. Let them settle it amoung themselves. Just my worthless opinion.

snache likes this.
  8. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

That is a very myopic point of view. These are people that have strategized terrorist operations across the world for years, and all of a sudden they are more armed than they have ever been in their history and you think they are going to stay in their own country and only kill themselves. WTF are you smoking?

Pinoy Knife likes this.
  9. Samb

Guess it's a little late for that now, maybe I should lay off the crack for a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2021
  10. snache

Vietnam failed, Afghanistan.....failure again. Russians Afghanistan adventure.... failure. How many times are we going to go along with the govt's bullshit, God the lives and money thrown away. We need to take the gloves off and make our retribution unpalatable for those bent on our harm. We have the most advanced weaponry in history, use it, save the lives of our civilians and our military. Use manpower only after every other remedy is tried god damn it!!!!!!!!

Pinoy Knife, chutcher and Samb like this.
  11. Samb

They would have to use nukes, but I'm good with it.

snache likes this.
  12. Pinoy Knife

Pinoy Knife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

so now that they have broken the rule of not leaving people behind ,and forcing other "Former militaries to go on "Private rescue missions (Unsanctioned) to bring our people home ..
    they could just blow shit up from above with bombers/drones.. but it is all about Politics not taking the bad guys out .. that is the big problem
    the politicians want to make treats and show their (Big Dick) off to scare them into complying .. they are not afraid... if they want to meet Allah many are very willing to help them out,, and simply end this bullshit circus... but again it is politics that is who is in charge..
    i know several guys that were in the (Sand Box) from the first time till now.. they are all happy to help you get your 72 virgins and meet Allah
    i hope the virgins are all really old or male or something (hidden clause) if they know they will die they will hide !!!! this is a Proven fact
    i dont do politics because this type of shit raises your blood pressure.. if we are going to WAR lets kill the enemy and get home!!! void of the other reasons of being in a (Not America) country as a Military force... i will now try to lower my blood pressure and start my day !!!!

seandavid55, begreen61 and snache like this.
  13. Samb

Thing is with virgins is what those camel jockeys don't know is they're going to stay virgins. Me I'll take 72 sluts any day of the week.

seandavid55 and snache like this.
  14. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

you know what the result was for the Russians pulling out of Afg. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the collapse of the Berlin Wall ,,,,,,,,,,, for every action is a reaction ,, We know what Russia's was ,,,,so what will Ares will be :fuckoff:

chutcher and snache like this.
  15. xeodguy

xeodguy Little member

Debating all of this is a good way to drive yourself crazy - though it is a safe way to blow off some steam without hurting people who think Afghanistan (especially the withdrawal) was some sort of success instead of an unmitigated disaster.

The job of the military is to break things and kill people. I had zero classes in nation building over a 20 year career. Once you achieve the military objective of breaking things and killing people, you may need to leave a security force and trainers, but anything more than that is guaranteed to waste resources, the most precious of which is human life. You want to feel good about doing something for people in other countries? That's why the Peace Corps, USAID, and perhaps some corrupt branch of the UN are for. They might not accomplish anything of value, but at least that's part of their charter, and they can feel good about their karma while they do it. If they need rescuing later... that's something that the military can do: break things and kill people in order to rescue folks, and some of our people are very, very good at it. Will those operators be used to bring back Americans and allies left behind? Probably not, because that takes political will, and all we have currently is political won't.

The lessons of history have been endlessly studied, not so that we can learn from them, but so that they can be reframed and redefined to justify repeating past mistakes. Afghanistan will be autopsied ad infinitum et ad nauseam, to teach future leaders not to do what they will be ordered to do again sometime down the road. All that's required for evil to succeed is to put politicians in charge, or to appoint a committee to study it.

snache and begreen61 like this.
  16. snache

17. xeodguy

xeodguy Little member

States which were at the forefront of the fight for freedom and independence at the birth of the country are now the most restrictive regarding the rights of their citizens and the companies which paid taxes to them for (in this case) a century or more. If more companies did this, perhaps - unlikely, but perhaps - the politicians would pay attention. I believe we call such an exodus "voting with your feet."

snache likes this.