1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Advice/Info/Help Needed!! DEVILS UNITE!

Badger01 Aug 21, 2011

1. Badger01

Badger01 Average member

Ok so I really like knives. I also live in the mountains of NE Georgia in a small town where people still carry knives everday. (We were still carrying knives in HS after 9/11!!) My point is that knives are part of my everyday life and I love that i get to actually use my knives. That being said, I own alot of striders, grayman, esee, all the typical tacticool/ survival/ hard use oriented knives.

I am however, in this Bowie phase. I want a tad lynch Bowie. My only question is this. Would I be a dumbass if I spent 6-700 on a sweet ass bowie, then used it to chop wood, cook, perform camp chores, get it wet, let it dry, then get it wet again?

I guess what I am trying to find out is Are these high end knives made to be used seriously (not abusive) and retain their glamor and sex appeal. And solid build? Or are they made more for showing off, cutting open mail?

2. David66

David66 knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I would simply order a knife with useable materials (Micarta or stabilized wood).

I know of a number of people that use their high priced customs. I think it is a compliment to the maker.

3. Badger01

Badger01 Average member

Thanks for the reply.... Prob. gonna go with a stag handle then. Who doesnt love stag?

4. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I would think G10 is the single most durable handle material. For the record, and my personal opinion. I fucking hate green G10 though.:bwah: