1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

About putting a double edge on balisongs and my opinion as a collector.

Sharpazzhell Jul 19, 2019

1. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

NOW THE RIGHT ANSWER IS NOOOOO!!! THERE MADE TO HAVE A FALSE BLADE ON THE SAFE HANDLE UNLESS like Bieldger works or roton usa.. I'll show you what to put a double edge on. If you do pit a DJouble edge on how many inches u want make sure it's a ccc. I did it on my 11" kriss. You can only get an opening thsts it. Both sides from top to bottom to the point also. It's from china. Heres my example. I did it for a reason. Even though it has no adhesives, brass washers and stainless steel handles. It costs 22$ in reality so it's good for if someone comes in the house. You could actually flip with it before she sharpened it. But Its what you want to do. I suggest on a buck auto or regular bowie buck to sharpen swedge if you plan on using it for self defense. My ryworx is a Bowie. The chrome one and I would never sharpen it. Now an Ontario fixed knigecir tactical knives thsts a different story. 1/4 inch go for it. Those knives are tactical. Any tactical knife thst has a swedge unless for collection IMO WOULD put a double edge on for perryback reasons. If I make it till ,60 or 70 years I will be getting a cane sword. Stay sharp dress sharp. Thanx for JD THE best forum. ITs s FACT. If your signed up get involved. Post stuff, whatever just follow rules and you will LEARN. I PUT that on my chrome ryworx ok that which according to pvk only a few of those out there. I asked him what are the hanDCles made out of. He saids hell find out. Chrome polish and chromium and titanium with chrome polish are two different things.

CREDIT GOES TO BennytheBlade on the below. I dont take credit for myself when this fellow devil provides the answer at bottom. Different wording but same answer to what I swear I was reading on a forum that someone says that you can clean your butterfly knives in a dishwasher. The answer is alsoNOOO. it will destroy it and will make it brittle.I'll shut up now here's video.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Huge member

Double edge is OK on a balisong, just as long as you don't flip in the shower.

Sharpazzhell likes this.
  3. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

There is no right or wrong way to "double edge" a blade some people want it some dont just use your brain if you cant flip a d/e dont do it your gona have a bad time. Dishwasher might leave some rust and stains but will not make it brittle but might romove some of the temper from a blade like 440a/b/c that has a low temp for tempering. How would it get brittle is that a fact

4. Sharpazzhell

The brittle part no is not based on fact and the forum said if you use the dishwasher too much.however I did read that on a forum not on here about putting it in a dishwasher oil it . Make sure its dries. And it cleans it better. I was going to put s ccc stainless steel in the dishwasher to see what happens. But I got alot going on. If you look at my profile pic I have a ryworx chrome from pvk. And I asked him are the handles titanium with chrome polish or chrome itself. Pvk replied I will find out but never got back to me. I can tell you this those handles like I keep it in the safe I don't touch it anymore because you could literally like if it hits the corner or even if you put it down on the table it will sites like make a little scratch on it like us small surface scratch I noticed that so I'm trying to figure out if it's Chrome or if it's polished If you know that would be great

Attached Files:

5. Sharpazzhell

Yes I agree that 11" I got from China but I told him no adhesives since they dont know what loctite is. The first one I got the screw lessened but didn't come out. This one had no adhesives and its nice but it came with the false side and it's like as heavy as jaguar maybee a little more. But I messed up the original blade bc I didnt have right sharpening so I said I had a choice to make a double edge halfway but i said no do it all the way. She gave me law too balisong does not constitute as a gravity knife. But any double edge it becomes illegal. Even assisted opening. Just letting people know

6. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Live edge on both sides, still fun to flip.

[​IMG]

Sharpazzhell likes this.
  7. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Chrome is surprisingly resistant to damage hence it’s appeal.

I’ve had chromed flashlights that stayed mirrored for years and that should be no different if it’s chrome.

I’d be interested in knowing what’s underneath but it is most likely steel rather than Ti.

obi

8. Sharpazzhell

Wow I just got fly 51 v2. The spear point is sharpened. Nice bc I know they dont have to be and yea for flipping my opinion would do half if a spear point. I'm going to change title to IMO BC everyone has preference. I just find its harder bc like appaloround said if its flips and you enjoy who cares where it's from. I agree 100% but I am a collector and I found it hard to sell double edges. Like the roton USA was hard i had to ask someone and settle for trade and you can flip that too. But a recurve bowie will sell no problem if roton. So yes i agree if you like double edge flipping and are good at it flip. Bc I'm not advanced to flip with a double edge lol. Like all the knives that are inexpensive I put double edge on bc I want to. Funny that pic came up bc I bought a fly v2 handles with complete and I can bring it to store and have it sharpened half way but as a seller anytime in future csn compromise it. I've gotten messages Is it's double edge? Answer yes. No reply. I sold elgiraffe the bieldger works and he loves it. And bieldger makes single blades. Nice picture. Keep on flipping. STAY SHARP( WHICH WILL MRAN THSNK YOU)

9. Sharpazzhell

Deleted

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  10. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:riledup:

11. Sharpazzhell

Nm that

12. Sharpazzhell