1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. RoninFlipper

RoninFlipper Little Member

Benchmade gives zero fucks about flippers. They do care about money tho, and cranking out collector piece utility knives is a good way to get some. Tbh the 87 is a C- flipper at best.

2. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

I I I, Me Me me lol whatever dude

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  3. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Average Member

Still butt hurt.✌

4. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

I like positivity, thought you did too?

5. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

Can’t take a joke?? Too bad.

6. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

They are not having trouble keeping up with demand. There are plenty of their knives out there, i.e. the 51, 6x, and a whole slew of others. The only reason you don't see 87's in stock much is because they are not producing that many of them. The reason for that is they do not fly off the shelves when they are in stock, Benchmande is not making a ton of money off of them, so they are in no rush to manufacture more.

It's not like BRS who really cannot keep up with the demand. They produce a bunch, put them up for sale, and the entire stock is gone in like less than a minute.

7. Shawnjohn999999

A utility knife? Cmon man. Lighten up.

8. chutcher

Oh yeah... congrats on your purchase. I hope you enjoy the 87.

9. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Come on kids, it's 2019. There are so many damn good balis out there for flipping, for EDC, or for both! So many options! Personally my Biegler is my favorite to flip.

10. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

Lol you don’t get it though... the whole point of this thread is that the 51 is the best Bali at everything ever. Duh

11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Damn right! If there was an award for balisong hall of fame the BM51 is on the first ballot.

***Greatest knife/balisong ever

Shawnjohn999999 and RexRippin like this.
  12. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

Alpha beast can suck it
    Replicants can suck it
    Benchmade 42 can suck it
    Hom designs? Suck it
    Biegler? Can suck it
    Benchmade 87?? Can maybe suck it.
    Benchmade 51? The one getting sucked.

13. Shawnjohn999999

Right on! Ripper is getting the message. Finally. I'll let you know on the 87. Thanks. May have to start a different thread.

14. RoninFlipper

RoninFlipper Little Member

Tried that. Then my BM 87s pivot screws shit the bed

Flipping an 87 is like drag racing a dump truck. To be fair, it’s boss at cutting stuff with that Warncliffe blade.

15. Alfie

Alfie Little Member

I can see the merits on both balis having their fair share of support... each person just gotta go with their mental list of what they prefer one from the other, compare & decide/choose which one to purchase... If I had the money & didn't live in NY, I'd buy a BM51 for EDC for easy carry (so freakin' light/small & use the heck out of it, while the AB would stay at home for fun/flipping sessions), but thats just me... it's 2019, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

16. Shawnjohn999999

Excellent info.

17. Shawnjohn999999

51 is a faster knife flipper. Get used to it and its solid.

RexRippin likes this.
  18. chutcher

Nah... Actually it is not. It is quite a crappy flipper compared to many that are on the marked today. The 51 was one of the first balis I got and I tried and tried with it, but it was an uphill battle. Don't get me wrong... I like Benchmade and I don't think the 51 is a bad knife, but it wasn't until I got others like brs and hom that I really started to get the hang of flipping, and it was much easier. There is really no comparison when it comes to flipping.

Let me ask you something... Do you work for Benchmade or something? Are you a paid Benchmade troll? Sure seems like it. You sure know how to string along a thread where the basic concept is basically an unpopular one in the flipping community.

19. Shawnjohn999999

Hey chachi. I have an opinion and so do you. Difference is I don't name call and use community to make a point. Thanks for your positive thoughts though.

20. chutcher

Hey brother... I ain't name calling. Just an observation. Did I strike a nerve? Please just don't take it out on my knife when I have to send it back to your factory for sharpening.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019