1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

AB or Rep?

bli333 Nov 8, 2016

1. bli333

bli333 Little member

Hi, since I am getting a new balisong soon, and it is probably the Alpha Beast or Replicant, I am going to ask, witch one do you prefer? Thanks in advance.

2. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Questions like these...

- usually split down the middle
    - choose whichever you like
    - usually can be answered/posted in the "stupid question thread" (not that it's a stupid question)
    - have been asked hundreds of time and there are plenty of threads about it (use the search function)

:welcome1: to the forum

***Don't ever post "vs" threads:bwah:

3. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

If your budget is tight and it's either one or the other, I would go with replicant. I have 1 standard alpha beast and 2 rotten reps. I'm actually consider trading the ab for another rep just because I love the g10 scales and the zen pins on the rep, smooth and feels much lighter in comparison. That's just preference. Of course, get both if you can, why not have the best of both worlds? :madaddy:

4. bli333

bli333 Little member

hmmm

I feel like I'm leaning towards the alpha beast...

5. BaliAction

BaliAction Level: True Devil

It's a pretty easy decision if $$ isn't a factor

Alpha beast however both are great

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  6. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Stallion Rooster JDBA Official Member

Basilisk R

7. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

They're both kinda neutral flippers with the AB 3.0 having a slight handle bias compared to the rep. I would have preferred both to have more handle bias because that suits my preferences better. Just depends what you prefer. Rep doesn't feel as aggressively textured in the hand where as the ab is kinda abrasive so if you have bitch hands go with the rep. As far as using as a knife the rep probably has a better grind for utility purposes but i doubt you're actually worried about that. Just flip carefully or you may damage the tip from spacer contact. Ohh and don't drop them where the handles might close on the blade it might also contact the spacer.

8. rackreal

rackreal Huge member

For me rep flips better also crowned spine is a pro.
    Besides, rep is cheaper.

9. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You have to choose what's right for you are you looking for a heavier or lighter bali, do you want zenith pins or tang pins?

10. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

My opinion, Rep flips slightly better, AB fells more comfortable and looks much better. AB also had better user blade. Rep is best deal per dollar amount. Rep does again flip slightly better.

11. Olympian13

Olympian13 Little member

I would go for the rep because of the crowned spine and the lightness of it compared to the alpha beast. Btw do any of you guys know the next brs rep drop?

12. fogcreature

fogcreature JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I recently got an alt blade rep after months with my barebones and its a great knife at around 270, its light and flips great. to answer your question id say both!

13. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:bwah:And the dead shall rise again!!