1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

AB inifinities still available via retail, why???

bradenwright Apr 11, 2017

1. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Np, like I said it's interesting but not really an easy subject to talk about w/o pissing some people (makers and their followers) off. That's why going to get together and knife shows are so fun, you can talk about anything and get other people's opinions w/o a brouhaha.

Back on topic- so yeah after all this, it is a little surprising to see the infinity in stock.

2. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Not really

It was a whole years forcast split between two vendors. Still a completely solvent project that's on pace.

Also as some of you observed it's a high end product that speaks to a specific buyer. All buyers and balisong enthuiasts are welcome, they also flip excellent so if you're a hardcore flipper you're covered in that regard as well.

3. coll3ctor

coll3ctor Average Member

in the blade forums for sale section, under custom, they stipulate that midtech knives are not custom, customized is not custom, which Ive always amusing.

4. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My understanding is this:

Take a production knife (alpha beast for example). It's made by multiple people assembly line style. The midtech version of that is when a known custom guy (Cook or Palathius as examples) builds a version of that knife (alpha beast) and each piece is entirely unique.

These are worth more than the production version and nobody should be insulted by the term midtech.

The other end of the spectrum is when you have a custom maker who builds knives in batches or one at a time (elb or Shawn). The knives these guys make regularly are customs, period. HOWEVER, if one of these guys were to hire out a certain part of their build (handle slabs, blade blanks etc) the knife would then no longer be a custom and would then be midtech.

These are worth less than the custom version and people get all butt hurt when you call their grail a midtech.

I used examples as far as I needed to get my personal understanding across.

This is my interpretation.

The entire topic is gray as brain matter.

Everybody has a different perspective.

Wonx23, Dustygmt and BennytheBlade like this.