1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

A train wreck about to happen!

Clydetz Apr 3, 2010

1. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I received an e-mail from my sister awhile back asking if I knew of someone who might be able to replace a knife handle on her husband's all time-favorite knife. Since Sue and her husband Bill are located in northeast PA, I suggested Mr. J. Neilson. I talked it over with J. and got the 'go ahead' for my sister to ship the knife and he'd see what he could do. Not seeing the knife myself, I was shocked to see the shape of Bill's favorite kitchen 'slicer & dicer' of the past 40 years in a 'before' picture from J.! :devilzeek

'BEFORE'
    [​IMG]

'BEFORE'
    [​IMG]

J. applied his expert craftsmanship and used African Blackwood and new rivets on the handle as well as a 'sprucing up' of the blade. J. took some 'after' photos which speak volumes! Bill & Sue have been very impressed with J's. craftsmanship and are rumored to be checking their kitchen drawers for more knives in need of J's. magic! :ssmile: Many thanks for the help, J. [​IMG]

'AFTER'
    [​IMG]

'AFTER'
    [​IMG]

2. goldmanglass

goldmanglass COE 33

wow. thats some nice work! that should be more than good for another 40 years of slicin and dicin.

3. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

cool handle, I'm not so sure of the blade.

4. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

The original knife is about 40 years old and Bill loves this knife so much for his 'slicing' & 'dicing' kitchen duties, it was hard to pry it out of his hands so it could be sent to J. for the new handle treatment. I asked J. to replace the handle and the rivets and possibly sharpen the blade. So J. didn't have anything to do with the shape of the blade. I think J. wanted to try and turn it into a bowie! :bwah:

Question for J.... From the pictures, Bill's ol' knife appears to be an integral. Is that right?

5. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Wow, that would have made a cool mini-bowie. :bwah:

Yep, that is an integral. I just hit the blade with the buffer to clean it up a bit and then re-sharpened it. At least she doesn't look like she'll fall apart in his hands anymore.

6. Blastmaster1972

Blastmaster1972 Koele Duivel

That's cool. Somebody's favorite knife all cleaned up, almost "new", yet still the same knife.

Kind regards,

Jos