1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

A few new pieces from this week...

J. Neilson Oct 29, 2010

1. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

It's good to be busy, busy, busy...

[​IMG]
    This Bowie knife has an 8 1/4" blade of 5160 spring steel with a hand-rubbed finish and a 13 1/8" overall length. The knife has an oval guard and threaded butt-cap of satin finished stainless steel. The handle is Desert Ironwood Burl wood with a throat made up of stabilized blonde Buckeye Burl wood and stainless steel spacers.

[​IMG]
    This S-B knife is a based on the traditional grind Scandi-Bushcraft knife but, with a bit longer blade. Just over 9 1/2" overall of 1080 high carbon steel forged from 5/32" stock with an approx. 1/4"-3/8" high bevel, flat spine, edge ground to zero then polished and fully hardened blade. The knife above is shown with hand-rubbed finish, handle scales are palm swell style in Butterscotch Canvas Micarta and stainless steel handle bolts and lanyard liner.

[​IMG]
    These B.U.K. cross-over knives continue to be popular. This combination of the B.U.K. with the "Swift" knife is forged from 1084 high carbon steel, 1/8" thick. The knife is 6" overall with a 2 3/4" cutting edge. The knife has a satin finish and file worked thumb rest. The handle scales are African Blackwood with a pin and lanyard liner of stainless steel.

2. unreconstructedgordo

unreconstructedgordo Level: True Devil

Those are gorgeous blades and the sheathes are also. Nice choice of materials!

3. BGadvocate

BGadvocate Better than gold or platinum

I'm really liking that Scandi-Bushcraft knife! Nice Work as always! :devil1:

4. harm

harm knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

your blades are awesome dude!

5. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Great knives J! I especially like the big bowie with Ironwood :D

6. shawnpatterson

shawnpatterson Huge member

Wow man, some of you guys give me an inferiority complex but, i guess as long as i can be inspired and humbled on the JD theres a reason to keep coming back,