1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

710 vs Military

Uz4u Jan 6, 2011

?

710 vs Military

1. Benchmade 710

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spyderco Military

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

Showdown:devil1:

2. ZTKT

ZTKT Average member

Owned both.
    Kept the Military and picked up another.

This cut was from a SAK, buy you wanted red. :ross:

[​IMG]

3. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

I voted for the 710... but I'd rather have a Kershaw Groove.

4. bh49

bh49 Average member

I voted for Military, but I'd rather have CF para2 :ssmile:

5. *THE PUNISHER*

*THE PUNISHER* ridge runner

sorry bm the mill is every thing i want.......................

6. Travis B.

Travis B. Southern Devil

I'll take the 710 over the Millie any day. I own them both, but the 710 has a reversible, tip up pocket clip which rides nice. The Spyderco's clip is tip down, right hand only that shows way too much knife hanging out the pocket. And the axis lock being tough a nails and also being ambidextrous makes it the winner.

7. Uncle_Jarvis

Uncle_Jarvis Should be a custom title here

Id prefer the 710

.. ..

lol...heres even more red for you.... :madaddy:

[​IMG]

8. langston302

langston302 There's a new sheriff in town

Ti Millie for the Ultimate win....

now if a Ti para were to come out......oh be still my heart.

9. bigbob68

bigbob68 non poseur

710 for me. I have owned 3 Militarys and sold them all within hours of getting them, something about them just does not work for me. I like the BM 710 better.

10. MilkChickenBomb

MilkChickenBomb Little member

I like the 710, mostly because you can carry tip up. The military is also ungainly IMO. The 710 just disappears in the pocket, but the millie does not. Although the new Millie framelocks are really nice, I'll never warm up to the millie because of the tip down only carry...And this is coming from a dyed in the wool Sypderco fan.

11. bfm

bfm Should read BMF a new type of Strider

AFCK 806. Design was based on the Spyderco Military. I prefer the Axis lock and blade/handle shape.

12. Tank Buster

Tank Buster Rattlehead Devil

710 hands down! I love the strength of the Axis lock, and the fact that the pocket clip is reversible and rides low in the pocket.

13. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Bought myself a Christmas present, picked up a Spydie Manix (Sprint Run)....this thing is awesome....full-flat grind S30V, ambidextrous lock, G10 scales, tip-up reversible carry with fairly deep concealment (about a half-inch shows in the pocket), crazy sharp....I like it a lot.

14. Jax718

Jax718 Little member

Military for me!! Sold my 710s kept the Millies:battledevil:

15. charlOOsi

charlOOsi 6" Member

Oh god, is your first instinct to run and grab a camera after you slice yourselves?!?!

Anyway, I'm gonna have to go with the 710. I've had 4 total throughout my history and after I get rid of one, I always have to get another one.

16. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

duh?:deadevil:

17. Markous

Markous as a kite Brigade Member

Didn't vote never held a 710

I am biased towards the Millie myself :madaddy:

Never held a 710 before but i am sure they are a fine cutting tool.

18. HappyDonut

HappyDonut Devilishly good

Hm,
    I'm holding both in my hand at the moment. I feel like the 710 carries a bit better but the ti military feels a lot better in your hand with a helluva lot more real estate. Both blade shapes work well utilitarian wise. Honest to god they both have their strengths and weeknesses but I'll have to go with the millie. :)

19. bettst

bettst Enormous member

I have both (actually several milies) and have a strong preference for tip down carry so the 710 sits at home while the militaries get lots of pocket time.

20. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Off the reservation

Military all the way and back again. The Millie is available in super awesome steels like CPM-M4 and S90V while the 710 is available in.......D2. Gee, I'm overwhelmed...

The Millie has a beautiful and graceful drop point blade while the 710 has a crappy recurve.

The Millie has good grippy G-10 while the 710 has fake ass slicker'n snot G-10 made in china.

The Millie has the awesome Sypder hole which makes blade presentation a total snap even while drunk while the 710 has a funky ass little thumbstud tucked right up against the scales which the thumb skips over way too easily.

No contest!