1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

#667, a Knife for Deer Stalking..?

Stuart Mitchell Nov 21, 2015

1. Stuart Mitchell

Stuart Mitchell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

#667 was finished a couple of weeks ago or so and I wanted to show it as it makes a good point in my opinion, here is the knife...

[​IMG]

Some of the brief...

Thanks for posting the threads about your knives, they've been a fantastic read and very informative.

As I said in a reply to the long thread (the 9-pager) I first learnt about real knives in a pathology lab/post-mortem cut-up room.

I quite fancy a bigger bladed knife, a sticking-knife of sorts, for Fallow and bigger but something that could be used for the gralloch, caping and the rest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After an email chat and a few questions asked/answered, my proposal, SF100, black G10 and stainless...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you'll see the knife I proposed has a full flat grind, better suited to the usage, 'in my opinion'...

Not better suited for the client though, after another chat it was crystal clear that it was a Scandi derived grind that he wanted, which is fine, it is a grind that suits him and the way he uses his knife...

So I cracked on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, what is the good point, horses for courses, each to their own, some things are of course wrong, but if it is not wrong, and suits you, then it is right, 100% right...

Here is #667...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rapidboy TekLok carry Kydex...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers all :)

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

This looks pretty purpose driven to me! An all around champion! :devilzeek:thumbsup::madaddy:

3. Stuart Mitchell

Stuart Mitchell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks my friend...

I can report that it is now blooded and all seems happy :manganr: