1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

6666 GAW, Lookie here all.

Glenn May 13, 2012

1. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Congrats, crackedskulla
    Thank Glenn for the chance,

Respect
    Gary

2. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I was gonna throw you green and praise you in private Glenn , but I think everybody should know this if they don't already.
    This has been one of the most interesting GAW's I have ever seen.
    Virtually every story made me grin , because as we all know , those were the good old days.
    Well done , my friend.
    Your contributions towards making the mighty J.D. more lively , interesting and human are duly noted.
    Thanks Buddy.

3. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Shit man.......I nearly forgot.
    Congratulations to Crackedskulla.
    Well played , Sir. :jdwink2::thumbsup:

4. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Congrats to Crackedskulla and a big thanks to Glenn for the GAW.:thumbsup:

5. gza

gza Huge member

Congrats to crackedskulla, and a big thanks for the GAW Glenn! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. jlx52005

jlx52005 Enormous member

Congrats to the winner. Thanks again Glenn for the Great GAW.:thumbsup:

7. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks John, was indeed fun to read the tales of younger days. The screen names here all have people behind them, nice to get a "human" feel for who these folks are.

Guess I owe my earliest memory ? I have several actually from the same time frame, but made a connection to many others posted here as the years turned like gears in my mind.

Well here goes. One of the very first memories I can render up is that of being a toddler out in a small city park, the kind with a small kiddie area. This was in Far Rockaway NY at about the age of 2 or 3.

This little kiddie area had one of those post sprinklers in center that would create a shower like spray of water upward for kids to play in.

Well not sure what I kicked, but I kicked something and split a flap off the bottom of my big toe on my right foot.

Mercurochrome, remember that red stuff ? Well I got a good doucing of it on my open toe and hit the roof with pain. Yuppers great first memory huh, seems like life never let up and still feeling pain some 50 years later, just a bit higher then the toe area. :bwah:

I also remember fireworks from the same time frame near the beach, watching the "globes' of embers falling like light bulbs from the sky as they hit the beach in the evening, and during the day at the same location watching my dad reach into ripples of sand at the ocean edge pulling up big clams for a clam bake.

There you have it, a couple of my first memories.

And I offer you up a image of me from that age at Capri Beach Club in Long Island at that young age a child playing with water. Not sure what happened to my blond hair. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Had to take this off our wall in our hallway outside for a pic, enjoy.

Thanks again all for playing along was fun, and congrats again to the winner. :yuna:

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
    tubtar likes this.
  8. TRXRyder

TRXRyder Resident Devil

Congrats, crackedskulla :thumbsup:

Nice giveaway Glenn!

9. littlejoey

littlejoey High on a Mountain Top Brigade Member

Congrats, crackedskulla!

Thanks, Glenn, for a great GAW. :thumbsup:

10. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

Congrats!

And a big thanks to Glenn for the GAW! This one was really fun to do and all the posts were worth while :thumbsup:

11. jujigatame

jujigatame Slanted & Enchanted

Congrats to the winner. With that new light you can be a shining example to the rest of us. :manganr:

12. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Awesome stuff!! I enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

What a great idea for a GAW, it was nice just to take time out from dealing with the present to think about the past.... and memories, good or not so good.

Thanks Glenn and congrats to crackedskulla. Well played good sir! :bwah:

13. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Grats to crackedskulla and a big thank you to Glenn. It was a fun GAW.

sickboy

14. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

Grats crackedskulla!

15. inkster

inkster The Mayor of Bloomerville

That's a great idea.... I mean the using your retired potty to eat and drink out of. I didn't have one so now I am eating and drinking out of my toilet bowl. I wish I would have done it sooner.

Awesome contest, awesome idea. :thumbsup:

16. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks all ! This was a great GAW.

Package to the winner crackedskulla is out for delivery today ! :thumbsup:

17. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

BaByGoTtHeRuNz Enormous member

Congrats crackedskulla!

And thanks Glenn, not only for the awesome contest, but for making it interesting.:thumbsup: I really enjoyed reading everyone's entries.

18. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Great GAW Glenn; I didn't enter as I won your last one. Thanks to all of you that entered...; what a great read! :thumbsup:
    And congratulations to the winner.

19. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Great thread and GAW thanks Glenn

20. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

I think we all already know, but I'll say it again, "Glenn is da MAN!". Thanks for the awesome give-away (even though I missed it) and Congratulations to the winner.

I remember sitting in the waiting room while I was being born.... climbing all over chairs n such....