1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

6666 GAW, Lookie here all.

Glenn May 13, 2012

1. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Well seems I have posted 6666 now + times here at the Mighty JD.

Guess having you folks put up with me deserves a give away. :ross:

So here you have it. :thumbsup:

What you need to do, have at least 25 posts here at the JD.

Post this thread, your first post will be that of your entry, if you post again, well it's just another post. :ropeman:

Your entry post number will be used in random.org number generator to see who the winner is upon finish of this GAW.

Make it interesting while we are at it.

You must post up your earliest childhood memory.

Whats the first thing in life you remember ?

NOW I don't want to read about you suckling your mothers breast, unless you did it till about age 6, then "we" want to hear all about it. :cheesydevil:

What will this GAW consist of ?

A Custom Ceracoated M Tech Twist by Jeff Forbrush in Mighty JD colors.

As well as a Solarforce LEGO build with a re-purposed dropin rated at about 400LM. And sheath as well.

Let the games begin, and this GAW will conclude Wednesday the 16th at Midnight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are international, we will figure out how to get you the Balisong. :jdwink2:

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
    jlx52005, AJD1, crackedskulla and 2 others like this.
  2. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

Congrats on the 6666 Glenn!

Earliest childhood memory I have is my pre-k class for 3 year olds. My teacher was very..... controlling.... to say the least and would always flip out and make sure you kept the sand in the sandbox and put everything back when you were done playing with it. May not sound like a big deal, but to a 3 year old kid it was the worst.

Sometime during that school year I also punched a kid in the gut for knocking down the fort I made out of blocks... he didn't hit me back, but I was so pissed off that when the teacher told us to "hug and make up" I hit him again :bwah:

Thanks for the GAW Glenn! Here's to 6666 more for you :congrats:

BaByGoTtHeRuNz likes this.
  3. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Cool!!!

The fist thing i remember is daylight:manganr:

Best memory is my Dad built a 15 foot wood boat. Me and my brother were on that boat every weekend and then some cruisin around. Dad was not into fishin so all we did was cruise

4. RazorSharp

RazorSharp RZRSHRPDVL Brigade Member

I remember seeing the light as I entered the world, looking around at my new surroundings and thinking to myself, oh yeah I'm going to fuck this place up good. :chuck:

Thanks for the GAW :thumbsup:

5. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

i remember grabing the nurses tittie she said , i'm not yo mama!!!!, i said , i know :manganr:, seriously is he only thing i remember and hitting my sister with a bottle of coke.

6. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Good for you Glenn... I'm in.

My earliest recollection, I was maybe 4 years old, is running from the 'boogie-man' who used to live in the open space between the furnace and cinderblock wall of the fireplace in our basement. I was a pretty fast runner back then... I never saw him and he never caught me! :bwah:

7. crackedskulla

crackedskulla Huge member

Congrats on the posts :thumbsup: count me in

as for my earliest memory, i was going to my first day of 1st grade, it was at a private catholic school, and as my mom is driving away with my sister in the car, my younger sister leans out the window and yells "see you later Pussy" needless to say, the nuns were a little shocked.

hope that works, it is a true story.

thanks for the giveaway

8. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

BaByGoTtHeRuNz Enormous member

Congrats on 6666 posts on the JD!

My earliest childhood memory is of when I was about three years old. I was sitting on my Grandpa's knee at the kitchen table while he took apart and oiled his trusty 94 Winchester.

Thanks for the chance Glenn!

9. littlejoey

littlejoey High on a Mountain Top Brigade Member

Glenn, congrats on 6666 and thanks for the chance.

One of my earliest:

I remember sitting in my fire engine pedal car, on the bricks under the grape arbor in the back yard, and the mean old man bastard landlord yelling at me at the top of his lungs for stepping on his fucking lawn. :devilfinger:

I remember moving up the street to my folks' first house shortly after that...

:manganr:

10. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Damn nice of you Glenn.
    Wow......I have to go back to fireworks at the state fair at about age 4.
    I remember bits and pieces of all of it , but the fireworks mostly because I was staying up late with the big people.:thumbsup:

11. TRXRyder

TRXRyder Resident Devil

It's quite fitting that this is post #666 for me :manganr:

My earliest vivid memory is at about 5-6 years old or so. My Dad bought me a blue Cub Scout knife as I was going into the scouts as soon as I was old enough, so I must've been 5. I think the babysitter was watching us and I snuck my knife into the bathroom to carve out a bar of soap. I'm not sure what exactly I was trying to do but my little ass and Cub Scout knife were no match for that bar of soap. I slipped while trying to carve it out and cut the piss out of myself :cry:

My Mom was so upset that she took the knife away from me...Not to worry though, Dad gave it back a week later and said "don't let your Mom catch you with it"

Enjoy my memory and good luck to everyone :thumbsup:

12. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

Wow, 6666 posts, grats Glenn! We should be giving stuff to YOU.

My earliest memory, I believe I was around 3-4. My parents took my sister and I to the circus. I can't remember much about it other than the whole place smelled like elephant poo.

What I remember most is that part way through the show, it started raining hard, and the circus tent had holes in it, so we were all getting soaked. They ended the show early and we drove home.

It was all worth it though, cause when we got home, we had peanut butter cap'n crunch for dinner. It seemed like a special treat at the time, cause up until that night, I never knew you were even allowed to eat breakfast for dinner!

Thanks Glenn, and goodluck fellow JDers!

13. siriusaudio

siriusaudio THE SERIOUS™

Thanks for yet another giveaway, Glenn.

I remember sitting with my foster brother Jaimie and eating when we were about three. He had leukemia and was having trouble eating, and I kept trying to push food into his mouth.

I wasn't old enough to appreciate what happened when he died, and I wish he had lived long enough for me to remember him better.

14. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Happy 6666 fuckstick #1

I can remember my old man, giving me a ride on the back of his motorbike around the back yard beneath the apple tree's. It was before I went to school, so I must have been about 3 or 4. It was pretty damn cool.

Thanks for the chance.

15. mattlclemens

mattlclemens Down For Life JDBA Official Member

Thanks for doin this man!

I remember going to this crappy theme park when i was like 5 and i was waiting online to ride a lame kiddy ride with my dad. He thought someone had poured hot coffee down his leg while we were standing there but it was 5 yr old me just puking on his leg and into his shoe. No reason for it guess i just had an upset stomach :manganr:

16. Waterczar

Waterczar JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Congrats :thumbsup:

I remember buying my sister a toy at sears the day she was born with my dad. It was a little mouse rattle, wearing a yellow hat.

17. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

playing with toys in the nooks and crannies of a stump.

thanks for making me remember glen:thumbsup:n...

18. inkster

inkster The Mayor of Bloomerville

This is awesome of you. Thank You

My first memory is waking up while they were finishing up an operation on my leg. The nurse or what ever she was, looked panicked to say the least. I was probably only about 2 or so. I remember not being a happy little baby beluga whale. She was trying to distract me with what I think might have been plaster from a cast, that they were preparing, and some kind of little pieces of green plastic, that she was sticking on me.

19. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Awesome giveaway Glenn, and congrats on the 6666! :thumbsup:

Ealiest memory? Staring at the sun and saying while pointing upwards - 'balloons'...I was around three.

20. 1911kevin

1911kevin Huge member

Grats on 6666!

You are truly the man Glenn:thumbsup:

First memory, and this is weird, is on my second birthday my mother showed me the toilet and said something like;
    "pay attention, this is where you go potty, from now on try on use this like a big boy."

Apparently I never had another accident and didn't need diapers. I was an idiot savant for toilet training lol.