1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

51 is the standard.

Shawnjohn999999 Oct 18, 2018

1. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Imo the 51 is a good knife to get into the hobby with, but not the best at anything.

I learned on a 51 and actually like how light they are, but it's sort of a niche thing and isn't well suited to serious flipping.

D2 is also kind of garbo so it's not the best from a utility perspective either.

bradenwright likes this.
  2. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Average Member

The standard being its benchmade. Its affordable. It's available always. It is well made. Doesn't need much maintenance and if you are willing to put in the work is an excellent flipper. No mods needed.

3. ButteredGarlic

ButteredGarlic Tiny Member

Same here man, love the thing

Roz likes this.
  4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

We're glad that you are eager to participate in our beloved forum, butt* we DO require that EVERYONE post an introduction before anything else. I notice that you have failed to do so.

Please go to the Testing the Waters. New member introductions forum at http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/testing-the-waters-new-member-introductions.34/ and tell us a little about yourself.

Otherwise, [​IMG]

Thanos74 likes this.
  5. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Adobe_20181025_102142.png

Nosaj likes this.
  6. Chrisommer

Chrisommer Little member JDBA Official Member

I like D2, I could sharpen it super easy before I got my WE.

7. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

What

Thanos74 likes this.
  8. Nosaj

Nosaj JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

So, I just got my BRS Barebones, and I have to say, it slays the 51. Better pivots, smoother action, and a little more weight to keep the handles swinging. I just wish I wasn’t so scared of that nasty sharp blade. Anyway, it’s way better. Sorry, bro.

chutcher likes this.
  9. Shawnjohn999999

I like long boards cuz I can ride the nose.

10. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Yeah, you better be careful with that thing. I nearly lost 3 fingertips on one bad flip with my BB. That tanto blade is wicked sharp.

Nosaj likes this.
  11. Nosaj

I actually thought about knocking the edge off, but that just seems so WRONG!!!

12. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

it is wrong.

it's VERY wrong.

13. Nosaj

Well, I don’t want my head crushed like a small watermelon, so I guess I won’t...

laughingbuddha likes this.
  14. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Who said the watermelon was small? :bwah:

Thanos74 and Nosaj like this.
  15. Shawnjohn999999

Knocking the edge off. Everytime I see a sell post it seems like it says needs to be sharpened.

16. RoninFlipper

RoninFlipper Little Member

Got it backwards Holmes. BRS AB is the standard. The 51 is entry level.

17. desmodus

seriously though, you're not wrong at all.

Thanos74 and Nosaj like this.
  18. Shawnjohn999999

Unavailable for new flippers almost always. 1 and a half times price to buy and heavy finger guillotine as a trainer. No wonder everyone buying trainers.

19. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Benchmade Model 62 is the Finger Guillotine

Thanos74 likes this.
  20. BadComrade

BadComrade Tiny Member

Really? I find D2 to be excellent for utility. Keeps a hell of an edge for a long time and the blade doesn't scratch up as easy as something like s30v. If you say its garbo because it may corrode easier than other steels, just wipe it occasionally with an oil cloth once in a while and you will be fine.

Thanos74 likes this.