1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. bumgilligan

bumgilligan JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Well, one of my soldiers is in prison for 5 years. He got in a fight with 8 college kids (he had one buddy on his side), he pulled a little 2 inch blade to protect himself. The main opponent of his got a small cut on his neck during the fight and my soldier got a full stab wound through his bicep from the other guy. The other guy was also a d1 wrestler in college. At the end of it all, only my soldier got arrested and charged. He took a plea for assault 2 because the prosecution threatened attempted murder, but she told him he we would just get probation with assault 2. Well now he's in jail for 5 years.
    I wasn't there so I just know what I was told from the people that went to the trial and who were there at the fight, but it still pissed me off that this other guy who knows how to fight and had 7 buddies had nothing happen to him at all.
    I guess justice was served...

2. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Though I have my distrust of the American Judicial System, like any true American should....the story sounds thin. I don't see how a verdict like this could be delivered with the current info. I would suggest verifying the info instead of taking what you "heard" as fact. Per the judgement it sounds more like your solider pulled a knife on a guy and tried to use it, according to the judgment given.

More facts needed?

3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

fighting is for pussies, pull a gun and end it quick

edit: that was a joke.

4. bumgilligan

bumgilligan JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Oh I'm sure there is more to it than what I know. It just sucks that it happened at all. Lesson learned, don't drink and carry a knife/gun. Especially around other people.

And i agree with you adp, if your gonna do time anyways, might as well make it worth it.

5. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

These 3 rules to live by have kept me out of trouble.

Don't be an asshole.

Don't go places assholes congregate.

If you wouldn't go there without a gun, don't go there with a gun.

6. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

:thumbsup:

Sounds about right, anybody can walk away from a fight.